Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India Encephalitis 2012: 1,486 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,121 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

No mass immunization in encephalitis-hit areas in last 2 yrs
    Rukmini Shrinivasan, TNN | Oct 23, 2012, 02.20AM IST

GORAKHPUR: With 3,000 cases of encephalitis reported in eastern India so far this year, the bulk of future government efforts will be centred around prevention through better water and sanitation. In the interim, though, it is medical science that is at the forefront of the fight against encephalitis, but is unfortunately sorely compromised.

For one, the central government appears unable to make up its mind about how to go about administering the vaccine against Japanese Encephalitis. JE, which is a vector-borne disease that spreads primarily through mosquitoes, was before 2005 estimated to be the source of at least 40-50% of the region's encephalitis cases, says Dr K P Kushwaha, principal of the BRD Medical College and Hospital in Gorakhpur, ground zero for the fight against the disease.

So in 2006, the central government conducted a mass vaccination drive, using a Chinese-made vaccine. "The proportion of JE in the total cases fell to 28% in 2006, 14% in 2007 and 18-19% in 2009-10," says Dr Kushwaha. In 2010, there was another round of mass immunization and the proportion of JE has further fallen. But there has been no further mass immunization in the last two years, something public health campaigners decry.

"The vial of the vaccine clearly says that three doses need to be administered 365 days apart," says Dr R N Singh, a Gorakhpur-based paediatrician, and a long-time campaigner for a stronger governmental response to the disease. "Even the WHO says that two doses need to be given. It is just unacceptable that the government hasn't taken up JE vaccination the way polio was taken up," he adds.
    India News: With 3,000 cases of encephalitis reported in eastern India so far this year, the bulk of future government efforts will be centred around prevention t
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,121 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Three more deaths from Encephalitis
      Oct 23, 07:22 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis deaths and continues to recruit patients. Medical College in the last twenty-four hours of innocents killed and three were admitted ten new patient.
      Among the three people killed twelve-year-old aura of Gorakhpur, Deoria six of the twelve-year-old Mahendra and Siddharth include moonlight. Among those recruited four of Gorakhpur, Deoria and Siddharth two, Sntkbirnagr, Kushinagar and Bihar - a patient waiting. Nehru 156 patients are being treated in hospital.
      The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,124 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Learn six Encephalitis took two days
        Oct 25, 07:12 pm

Gorakhpur: deaths from encephalitis in Purvanchal continues. BRD Medical College in the last two days, six innocents killed and twenty-six new patients were admitted. Nehru is being treated in hospital 146.
        Of the six people who died nine years BSc love them, Munna three years, ten years Mukesh Julie and fourteen years, Gorakhpur Veena three years of the five-year waiting Sonali and Sntkbirnagr. Deoria and Kushinagar Those who were admitted to the five - five, Gorakhpur and Bihar, four - four, three Sntkbirnagr, Siddharthnagar and Maharajganj two - two and Balrampur comprises a patient.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,130 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis claimed four more
          Oct 26, 08:06 pm

Gorakhpur: deaths from encephalitis in Purvanchal continues. BRD Medical College in the last twenty-four hours in four innocents killed and ten new patients were admitted. Nehru 139 patients are being treated in hospital.
          Among the four people died and four years of Kushinagar cuckoo, township fourteen-year-old Anita, Mou Subhawati seven-year-old has thirteen years of chaste and Bihar. Among those recruited four of Gorakhpur, Kushinagar and Bihar, two - two and a colony and Deoria - a patient. Since January this year in medical school in 2208, of which 423 have arrived to treat the patient's death.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,134 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Vaccine was deceived, robbed of the chance to live
            Oct 26, 08:55 pm

Habitation: a vaccine against Japanese Encephalitis is a fraud. He is taking away a chance to live. 8 killed, was killed during the current year are immunized, all arising from the death of AES. Unfortunately, the AES Health Department does not have a solution to save lives. It will have to resort to the only pure water.
            Contaminated drinking water is the root of the disease, and the problem is more than 60 per cent of the district's gripping portion. Alam desi These hand pumps Water Corporation does not care at all. The district administration does not even care. Further investigation has paid, even if they belong to the interest.
            However, taking advantage of the administration's indifference to AES fiercely struck. Infectious Disease Control Panel data evidence that contaminated drinking water is so deadly. In the current year, 20 deaths so far have escaped. Eight of those deaths occurred in children who had been vaccinated against JE. The rest were all Atikakrit class. The question is why death arising after vaccination?
            Replied Dr. Rakesh Mani Tripathi in charge of the control panel. The vaccine, JE and not of AES. Not just to make a vaccine to prevent AES. This is the only way to prevent disease pure drinking water use. And how it will materialize or will tell the water corporation or the head of a clan? The health department is properly Nivrhn its obligations.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,134 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Seven more succumb to encephalitis, death toll reaches 479
              Press Trust of India / Gorakhpur October 28, 2012, 18:45

Seven more persons succumbed to encephalitis in a hospital here pushing the death toll due to the viral infection in Uttar Pradesh's eastern region this year to 479, a senior health official said today.

All the seven deaths occurred at BRD Medical College Hospital since last evening, A K Pandey, Additional Director (Health), Gorakhpur, said.

With this, the death toll in Uttar Pradesh's eastern region rose to 479 this year, he said.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,148 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis Learn eleven took two days
                Oct 29, 07:01 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in Purvanchal and deaths continues to recruit patients. BRD Medical College in the past two days, eleven innocents were killed, while 33 new patients were admitted. Nehru admitted 140 patients are being treated in hospital.
                The Eleven people died and eight of them Sinpi Deoria, Maharajganj Priya three years, fourteen-year-old Poonam, three and a half years of Kushinagar Shahnaz, Anjana Sntkbirnagr six years, seven-year-old peace settlement, fourteen of Balrampur Salman year-old daughter and twelve years and ten years of Bihar, light, joy and twelve twelve-year-old has Durgesh.
                Eleven of those recruited most of Gorakhpur, Kushinagar eight, five of Maharajganj, Siddharthnagar three, two and Sntkbirnagr Bihar, Deoria, Azamgarh and Basti - a patient.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,148 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Two of encephalitis and death
                  Oct 30, 06:37 pm

Gorakhpur: deaths from encephalitis in Purvanchal continues. BRD Medical College in the last twenty-four hours, two more innocents killed and nine new patients were admitted. Nehru 134 patients are being treated in hospital.
                  Two people died in Maharajganj them twelve years of a four-year-old Imran has Indrajit and Bihar. Those who were admitted to Gorakhpur, four, two in Bihar and Kushinagar, Gorakhpur and Maharajganj A - There are a patient.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,150 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

BIHAR
                    MADHUBANI
                    JE(japanese encephalitis) PHC-Jainagar, HSC-Karahiya, Vill-Dihtol Korahiya 1 0 09/10/2012 2012-10-31 15:30:31 9000 JE ve case informed by PHMC, Patna. case belongs to PHC-Jainagar, HSC-Karahiya, Vill-Dihtol Korahiya, Distt. - Madhubani. There found 10(ten) years old male cases. serum sample tested by Patna Medical Collage Hospital, Patna Lab conformed JE ve. case admitted at PMCH, Patna. found JE ve case and recovered after treatment. Investigation Open

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,150 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

NVBDCP figures updated today including all confirmed cases to September 30th. http://nvbdcp.gov.in/je-cd.html

Cases, Deaths
                      (change in last month)

Andhra Pradesh 64 (-)/0
                      Assam 1,343 (+163) / 229 (+16)
                      Bihar 745 (-) / 275 (-)
                      Goa 66 (+15)/0
                      Haryana 5 (+5)/ 0
                      Karnataka 189 (-)/1 (-)
                      Kerala 29 (-)/ 6 (-)
                      Maharashtra 37 (+37) / 20 (+20)
                      Manipur 2 (+2) / 0
                      Nagaland 21 (+4) / 2 (+1)
                      Tamil Nadu 804 (+263)/ 53 (+13)
                      Uttar Pradesh: 3,145 (+1,716)/ 450 (+222)
                      West Bengal: 675 (+344)/ 32 (+17)

Total 7,315 (+2,749)/ 1,070 (+291)

Media reports in this thread put the current toll in Uttar Pradesh at 481 and Bihar at 299. We also have reports of 8 fatalities in Gujarat and the outbreak in Maharashtra has claimed 24, both presumably Chandipura. Media and IDSP reports put the number of fatalities in West Bengal at 49. Uttarakhand has reported 2 fatalities, Rajasthan 5 and Odisha 4. The total number of encephalitis deaths this year has reached at least 1,163. - Ro

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,163 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis claimed five more
                        Nov 02, 08:56 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in Purvanchal continues to recruit patients. In the last twenty-four hours in five medical colleges and innocents killed and twelve new patients were admitted. Nehru Hospital, 129 patients are being treated.
                        Who killed five people, four of them Suman and two-year-old Priyanshu Gorakhpur, Kushinagar and Maharajganj half year Nasreen and seven years of the ten-year-old Singh has good red.
                        Since January this year, the last one in BRD Medical College in 2294, of which 446 have arrived to treat the patient's death.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,168 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Learn six Encephalitis Lee
                          Nov 05, 08:49 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis menace in Purvanchal situation remains critical. In the last two days while in medical school, killing six and fifteen people were newly admitted patient. Nehru admitted 131 patients are being treated in hospital.
                          Among those recruited four of Kushinagar, Gorakhpur and Bihar, three - three, two and Siddharth Deoria, Sntkbirnagr and township - a patient waiting.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,174 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis and the death
                            Nov 06, 06:38 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in Purvanchal and deaths continues to recruit patients. Gonda BRD Medical College in the last twenty-four hours of the testimony of two years died and fourteen new patients were admitted.
                            Most five of those admitted in Gorakhpur, Deoria and Kushinagar three - three, two and Bihar Sntkbirnagr a patient. Nehru admitted 131 patients are being treated in hospital. Since January this year in medical school in 2341, of which 457 have arrived to treat the patient's death.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,179 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis three deaths, four new patient recruitment
                              Nov 07, 09:15 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis deaths have continued to. In the last 24 hours, three people died in the medical college and four new patients were admitted. 119 patients already enrolled here. Names of the dead - Gorakhpur Tejanarayan 30 years, five-year and 12-year-old Durgesh niket. These are Kushinagar.
                              Encephalitis so far this year a total of 2345 patients were recruited, of which 460 have died.
                              Similarly, patients with dengue continues to come. Mr. Sarvesh Tripathi of Guru Gorakhnath Brvlia hospitalization and the Brtlal Hansupur are suffering from dengue. Investigation confirmed. Including them in the hospital so far 105 dengue patients have been admitted.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,182 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Tribals appease ?evil spirits? as Japanese Encephalitis claims children?s lives
                                MALKANGIRI (ODISHA), November 8, 2012

SANTOSH PATNAIK
                                After 24 children aged below five died of a disease suspected to be Japanese Encephalitis in less than two months, tribal people ? mostly the primitive Koyas ? are under the grip of fear of ?evil spirits.? They are exposed to poor sanitary conditions as their houses are located near cow and pig sheds. Despite that they believe that these spirits are responsible for snatching away the lives of their young. On Wednesday, the residents of Usakapalli conducted a ritual, with egg, rice and some leaves and herbs, in the house of Irma Podiani, one of the five traditional healers in the hamlet (called disari or gunia) to keep the spirits away. ?We think someone tried to steal the treasure belonging to the village deity (grama rakhi). Now she is furious and killed nine children from our village,? Irma told The Hindu.

Comment

Working...
                                X