• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bengal: 100,000 chicken deaths under investigation for avian influenza

h/t ironorehopper
    Bird flu scare in North 24-Parganas, govt on alert

Express news service : Kolkata, Thu Aug 30 2012, 03:13 hrs

A team of Animal Resource and Husbandry Department (ARD) on Wednesday visited Swarupnagar in North 24-Parganas to collect blood samples of dead chickens as reports of widespread deaths of poultry were reported from the area, triggering fear of an outbreak of bird flu.

In the last 22 days, around 50,000 chickens have reportedly died in the four blocks of Swarupnagar — Baduria, Kakrasuti, Lakshmikantapur and Nayabandh.

“I am closely monitoring the situation and the blood samples have been sent to Belgachia government laboratory for test,” said Chief Medical Officer (Health) of North 24-Parganas Susanta Kumar Sil.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: West Bengal: 50,000 chicken deaths under investigation for avian influenza

machine translated;

A thousand chickens found dead
    Aug 27, 08:37 pm

Falakata, communicate formula: Monday Duwars Falakata railway station and a reservoir was nearly a thousand dead chickens. Stench from spreading locals informed the local administration. On receipt of the Joint BDO Tapas Pal and divi-sional beings led a delegation of the Board of Sweta Estates officers arrived at the scene and began investigating. BDO said Sushant board is possible at night, bringing the dead chickens were thrown. Why do birds suddenly died together so it is being investigated. The board said Sweta Bieldio Blicing powder has been used in the reservoir. Incident is being investigated. However, to meet a large number of dead chickens in poultry prices have been falling. Sional administration said it would ignore the rumor. The incident investigation report Parngerpadh Panchayat Pradhan has been asked to pay a deposit. It has become an issue of discussion in the field.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: West Bengal: 50,000 chicken deaths under investigation for avian influenza

Viral fever...dengue...now a bird flu scare in Bengal
      HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
      Kolkata, August 30, 2012

There appears to be another assassin at Bengal?s doorstep. While parts of Kolkata and its surroundings have been hit by dengue and viral fever, a spectre of bird flu is lurking in Baduria and Swarupnagar, about 100 km from here, where more than 1 lakh (100,000 - Ro) chickens have reportedly perished.

The suspected outbreak of the virus took place over the past fortnight with birds displaying symptoms of respiratory trouble, lack of energy, swelling of head, eyelids and comb, similar to the deadly virus. Bird flu virus (H5N1) had struck Bengal between 2007 and 2009 affecting the entire poultry industry.

?We have got reports of several thousands of poultry birds, mainly chickens, dying in some villages of Baduria and Swarupnagar with symptoms of bird flu. Our experts have rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation,? K K Saha, director of the animal resource development department), told HT.

Comment

Re: West Bengal: 100,000 chicken deaths under investigation for avian influenza

Govt denies bird flu report, samples sent to Bhopal lab
        Express news service
        Posted: Sep 01, 2012 at 0330 hrs IST

Kolkata With bird flu panic gripping Swarupnagar in North 24-Parganas for the past few days, the state husbandry department has decided to send the blood samples of the chickens to a Bhopal research laboratory. The Belgachia lab here did not find any H5N1 positive case.
        Animal Resources Development (ARD) Minister Noor-e-Alam Chowdhury, said bird flu was not behind the fowl deaths and said samples will be sent to Bhopal. ?Following their confirmation, we can say whether there has been an occurrence of bird flu in that area,? he said.
        A senior official of the ARD department said the preliminary blood test reports confirmed that the birds died not due to bird flu but because of some ?unnatural disease?.
        Govt hiding facts: CPM

Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra on Friday criticised the government and said the state government is trying to hide facts regarding bird flu. He said ?he was confirmed that bird flu panic has gripped North 24-Parganas and that the government is trying to hide facts?. ?There is no need to take all ministers along with secretaries on district tours. The secretaries have their work in the field too?, he said. The need of the government is to send the blood samples of the dead birds to laboratories in Bhopal and Pune for testing, he added.

Comment

Re: West Bengal: 100,000 chicken deaths under investigation for avian influenza

Newcastle Disease is believed to the cause of poultry deaths in West Bengal

It?s not a bird flu outbreak: Experts

TNN Sep 1, 2012, 04.16AM IST

KOLKATA: Poultry deaths in North 24-Parganas might not have resulted from bird flu, believe animal husbandry officials and a section of experts. Even though samples are yet to be sent to the High Security Animal Diseases Laboratory in Bhopal for testing, the symptoms observed so far are closer to Ranikhet disease [Newcastle disease] than H5N1 or the bird flu virus, they said.

All precautions, though, have already been taken to ensure that chickens from the affected areas don't reach either Kolkata or any of the other districts, according to the animal husbandry department. It has already resulted in a marginal price rise of chicken in the city. . . .

more at:http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-bird-flu-h5n1
          <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
          http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X