Bird flu detected in govt-owned poultry farm in Tripura - 5000 birds culled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird flu detected in govt-owned poultry farm in Tripura - 5000 birds culled

Bird flu has been detected in a government owned poultry farm at Gandhigram, about 18km from here, official sources said today.

Director of Animal Resource department, Manoranjan Sarkar said following deaths of poultry in the farm about four days ago, samples were sent to High Security Animal Disease Laboratory (HSADL) in Bhopal which confirmed the presence of H5N1 virus in the affected birds.

Rapid Response Squad of Animal Resource Development Department (ARDD) have been made ready and were waiting for approval from the department to begin culling, he said, adding that the culling would be restricted only to the farm.

There are 3871 poultry in Gandhigram farm in West Tripura district.

Sarkar said that more than 300 poultry were culled within the 3-km radius area of government-owned Lembucherra poultry farm in the district, about 20 km from here, in the last week of January this year after bird flu was detected in the farm.

Tripura first witnessed outbreak of avian influenza way back in 2008.

Bird flu has been detected in a government owned poultry farm at Gandhigram, about 18km from here, official sources said.

Re: Bird flu detected in govt-owned poultry farm in Tripura

An outbreak also occurred at a government farm in Gandhigram in March of last year; http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=12
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Avian flu re-surfaced in Tripura firm
      Agartala | Saturday, Mar 10 2012 IST

The High Security Animal Disease Laboratory (HSADL), Bhopal has confirmed H5N1 strain of Avian Influenza in the state government's poultry firm at Gandhigram, on the outskirt of Agartala today. The state animal resource officials here said the bird sample was sent to ERDDL in Kolkata and HSADL in Bhopal last week and the report came positive yesterday evening. It had been decided to immediately commence the culling of birds and destruction of eggs to control further spread of the disease without loss of time, officials said, adding surveillance would be carried out in the surroundings of the affected areas. UNI BB LR RD1538 NNNN
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Bird flu breaks out in Tripura again
        Correspondent
        AGARTALA, March 10 – The culling of poultry will begin at government-run Gandhigram poultry farm, 13 km from the capital town here on Sunday after confirmation of a fresh bird flu outbreak there, official sources confirmed here today
        The number of chicks at the poultry farm has reduced to 30 from 3,871 during the past one week raising alarm bells in the ARDD. “Blood samples of dead chicks was sent to the laboratory in Bhopal which confirmed outbreak of avian influenza in the Gandhigram farm”, he said.

Comment

Poultry culled after bird flu outbreak in Tripura
          Last Updated: Friday, March 16, 2012,15:43
          PTI

Agartala: Altogether 5000 poultry birds were culled today at a government owned farm in Tripura`s Gandhigram where bird flu surfaced in the first week of this month, a top government official said.

The birds were culled at the farm near here by the Rapid Response Squad of the Animal Resource Development Department, its director Manoranjan Sarkar said.
          Altogether 5000 poultry birds were culled today at a government owned farm in Tripura`s Gandhigram where bird flu surfaced.

Culling began in Gandhigram farm

By Our Correspondent

Agartala, Mar 16, 2012 : Culling of birds and destructions eggs began on Friday morning at government run Gandhigram farm and areas falling in three km radius.
          He added that in addition to culling, surveillance will be carried out over a further 10 kilometers radius. Surveillance throughout the state is also being intensified to monitor further spread of infection.

Dr Sarkar said the Union Ministry also advised ARD to take series of strategic actions immediately in the previously infected area. These include declaration of among others restrictions on poultry movement, sale as well as strengthens vigil

Comment

Working...
          X