Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird Flu Scare Grips Villagers In Odisha’s Puri District As Crows Fall Dead All Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flu Scare Grips Villagers In Odisha’s Puri District As Crows Fall Dead All Over

Source: https://odishatv.in/news/miscellaneo...l-over--166991

Bird Flu Scare Grips Villagers In Odisha’s Puri District As Crows Fall Dead All Over
    Bird flu fear gripped the residents of Natasahi village of Nuapada (Chilika) under Krushnaprasad Block in Puri district.
    Pradeep Pattanayak
    Published: Saturday, 25 December 2021 Last updated: 25 December 2021, 06:54 PM IST

Bird flu fear gripped the residents of Natasahi village of Nuapada (Chilika) under Krushnaprasad Block in Puri district as they have been spotting carcasses of dead crows over last four days.

The scared villagers said on Saturday they spotted around 15 to 20 carcasses of crows and country chicken lying in and around the village. “The number of dead crows found yesterday was even more. It was around 30 in number,” they added.

Recounting the happenings, some villagers said that the birds are suddenly falling off the branches without any reason. They fear it could be due to the outbreak of bird flu among the avian species.

A poultry farm owner of the village said he had taken loans from women SHG to start the enterprise. “I had started my farm with 40-50 chickens. Around 20 to 25 fowls have so far died and we are burying them. Crows are also drying. Now, I am under tremendous mental stress,” he said.

However, reaction from the Forest department and veterinary officials in this regard is yet to be received.

It is worth mentioning here that hundreds of migratory birds were reportedly found dead at a farmland near Ratamati village under Tangi Forest Range in Khordha district on Saturday morning.

On being informed, the Forest department officials rushed to the spot and collected samples from the carcasses of the birds.
    The officials were of the opinion that it might be a case of poisoning by the bird hunters. However, they said the actual reason behind the deaths will be known only after the post mortem was conducted...

bump this

Comment

Working...
    X