Possible H5N1 outbreak in Madhya Pradesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible H5N1 outbreak in Madhya Pradesh

Is this a new outbreak in Madhya Pradesh around the city of Indore? No mention is made of West Bengal.

Bird flue scare again
    Category ? Editorial Posted On Wednesday, January 20, 2010
    The bird flu scare is taking the wings out of sails of everyone. This time the terror is from Indore region of Madhya Pradesh. The official also did not rule out spread of the H5N1 strain to more districts. The World Health Organization has cautioned India saying it is the country's most serious outbreak. Experts says the H5N1 strain could mutate into a form easily transferred from person to person, leading to a pandemic. The recurring bird flu problem across parts of the world is a matter of serious concern early its solution is found the better. The officials have set target of culling 20 lakh chicken in the next seven days. All this is going to add to the woes of the poultry farmers and also affect prices of other food articles. The poultry farmers are the worst hit and they should be compensated adequately otherwise penury stares at their doors. The suspected human samples tested at the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) have tested negative. Researchers will have to find a permanent solution to this problem as egg is one of the best sources of food and its shortage would lead to prices of other eatable items also going up. The Bhopal based High Security Laboratory on Wednesday confirmed the presence of bird flu in many parts of the country. Madhya Pradesh should be on extra guard. District heads, panchayat and rural, revenue, health, public relation and agriculture department participated in a meeting. It may be noted that migratory birds come every year in the reservoirs of the State. Virus may spread through these migratory birds. Meanwhile, Thailand has confirmed a new outbreak of bird flu among chickens, the first detection of the deadly H5N1 virus in poultry in 10 months, the livestock development department said on Thursday.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Possible H5N1 outbreak in Madhya Pradesh

This would be a new outbreak. I do not believe there have been any recent H5N1 reports from Madhya Pradesh in central India.

bolded for emphasis

"The Bhopal based High Security Laboratory on Wednesday confirmed the presence of bird flu in many parts of the country [India]. Madhya Pradesh should be on extra guard. District heads, panchayat and rural, revenue, health, public relation and agriculture department participated in a meeting. It may be noted that migratory birds come every year in the reservoirs of the State."
    http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Possible H5N1 outbreak in Madhya Pradesh

I'm not 100% convinced yet. I haven't found anything in any other Indian source. The fact that it's an editorial rather than a news report makes me leery.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X