Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries - Bird Flu Reports and Documents 2005 - Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries - Bird Flu Reports and Documents 2005 - Date

Weekly Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 21.09.2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	India.png
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	662064
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries - Bird Flu Reports and Documents 2005 - Date

Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 19/10/14

Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	662214
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Finally, an update!

Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 30/11/14

Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	662380

Comment

http://dahd.nic.in/dahd/WriteReadDat...0-%20email.pdf

Views:	50
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	720183

Comment

Weekly Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 04.01.2015

Views:	48
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	721321

Comment

Comment - It is unusual that the state of Kerala, which had several H5N1 outbreaks in 2014, does not seem to routinely provide samples for testing. - Ro

Views:	57
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	723633

Comment

Status of Avian Influenza in India (Updated on 27.02.2014)

Views:	61
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	726219

Full PDF of document here; http://dahd.nic.in/dahd/WriteReadData/Status%20of%20Avian%20Influenza%20in%20India.pdf

Latest Surveillance Report: Click image for larger version

Name:	India 2.png
Views:	53
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	726220

Comment

Weekly Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 08.03.2015

Views:	43
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	727711

Comment

Views:	52
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	727995
                    See also: Uttar Pradesh - Bird flu in Amethi, chief secy puts districts on alert - H5N1 confirmed and Uttar Pradesh - Sultanpur district: bird flu confirmed in 2 dead wild crows - H5N1 confirmed (OIE)

Comment

Action Plan of Animal Husbandry for Preparedness, Control and Containment of Avian Influenza (March,2015) (PDF)

Action Plan for Prevention, Control & Containment of Avian Influenza
                      (Revised ? 2015)

Introduction

Avian influenza (AI), as per World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), is defined as an
                      infection of poultry caused by any influenza A virus of the H5 or H7 subtypes or by any
                      influenza A virus with an intravenous pathogenicity index (IVPI) greater than 1.2 (or as an
                      alternative at least 75% mortality) as described below. These viruses are divided into high
                      pathogenicity avian influenza viruses and low pathogenicity avian influenza viruses:

a. High pathogenicity avian influenza viruses have an IVPI in six-week-old chickens
                      greater than 1.2 or, as an alternative, cause at least 75% mortality in four-to
                      eight-week-old chickens infected intravenously. H5 and H7 viruses which do not
                      have an IVPI of greater than 1.2 or cause less than 75% mortality in an
                      intravenous lethality test should be sequenced to determine whether multiple
                      basic amino acids are present at the cleavage site of the haemagglutinin
                      molecule (HA0); if the amino acid motif is similar to that observed for other high
                      pathogenicity avian influenza isolates, the isolate being tested should be
                      considered as high pathogenicity avian influenza virus;

b. Low pathogenicity avian influenza viruses are all influenza A viruses of H5 and
                      H7 subtypes that are not high pathogenicity avian influenza viruses.

Avian Influenza (AI) viruses have been circulating worldwide for centuries with four known
                      outbreaks recorded in the last century. The present wave of highly pathogenic avian influenza
                      (HPAI) emerged in Hong Kong in 1997. India notified the first outbreak of avian influenza on
                      18th February, 2006. Since then, outbreaks have been reported in Maharashtra, Gujarat,
                      Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, West Bengal, Tripura, Assam, Sikkim, Odisha, Meghalaya,
                      Karnataka, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Kerala and Chandigarh.

In view of a threat of global outbreak of AI and apprehensions of a human pandemic, the
                      Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries (DADF), Government of India had
                      prepared an action plan in 2005 which was revised in 2006 and lately in 2012 for guidance of
                      State Government for prevention, control and containment of Avian Influenza in the Country.
                      The action plan further been updated based on the further experience gained and lessons
                      learnt from the past occurrences and the contemporary scientific information.

The Action Plan is comprised of four chapters. Chapter I, advises the states/ UTs on
                      preparedness against AI outbreaks. Chapter II, indicates the actions to be taken if an
                      outbreak of AI is suspected. Chapter III, describes the actions during an outbreak of the
                      disease, and Chapter IV, identifies persons who will handle Avian Influenza (AI) infected
                      poultry and advises on biosafety and biosecurity measures.

Comment

Views:	78
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	728940

Comment

Views:	54
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	730779

See India: Bird flu confirmed in poultry in Lamphelpat, Manipur and Telangana reports bird flu outbreak (HP H5N1), culls poultry for further details on these outbreaks.

Comment

Views:	41
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	731265

Comment

Views:	48
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	732381

Comment

F. No.23-394/2014-AH
                                Government of India
                                Ministry of Agriculture
                                Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries

Report on Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) ending 7/06/2015

I. Surveillance/Testing of samples by NIHSAD, Bhopal concerning Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5 & H7) from 18.05.15 to 7.06.15
                                Sl. No. Item Samples from within the country Samples from imports Total
                                Serum Morbid material Serum Products
                                1. Samples pending for testing at the beginning of the period 219 1478 0 22 1719
                                2. Samples received during the period (state-wise detail at Annexure A) 685 2193 101 324 3303
                                3. Samples on which testing completed during the period (state-wise detail at Annexure B) 831 2305 100 326 3562
                                4. Samples under test or pending for test 73 1366 1 20 1460
                                5. Positive results, if any, during the period
                                (state-wise detail at Annexure C)
                                0 0 0 0 0
                                State wise details of samples received, tested and the results of the tests are given in Annexures A, B & C respectively.

State-wise details of samples received:
                                Sl. No. State Serum Tissue
                                1 Manipur 192 109
                                2 Delhi 100$ 109*
                                3 Rajasthan 0 378
                                4 Uttarpradesh 100 50
                                5 Andhrapradesh 180 90
                                6 Tamilnadu 1$ 139*
                                7 Gujarat 0 1400
                                8 Madhyapradesh 21 46
                                9 Maharashtra 192 120+76*
                                Total 786 2517
                                Grand Total 3303
                                * Imported Products by Animal Quarantine and Certification Services (AQCS)
                                $ Imported Serum by Animal Quarantine and Certification Services(AQCS)

State-wise details of samples tested:
                                Sl. No. State Serum Tissue
                                1 WestBengal 50 0
                                2 Manipur 192 109
                                3 Delhi 100$ 109*
                                4 Rajasthan 0 378
                                5 Uttarpradesh 100 50
                                6 Andhrapradesh 180 90
                                7 Kerala 108 76
                                8 Tamilnadu 0 139*
                                9 Gujarat 0 1440
                                10 Madhyapradesh 21 0
                                11 Maharashtra 180 162+78*
                                Total 931 2631
                                Grand Total 3562
                                * Imported Products by Animal Quarantine and Certification Services (AQCS)
                                $ Imported Serum by Animal Quarantine and Certification Services(AQCS)

State-wise details of positive results on the basis of recommended diagnostic techniques:
                                Reference No. State Serum Tissue
                                NIL NIL NIL NIL

Comment

Working...
                                X