Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDTV news report on crow deaths across northern India

issapharma

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A1aULNCoDe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uploaded by ndtv on Mar 2, 2012
    After remaining clean for five years, India saw an outbreak of avian influenza or bird flu in the eastern states early this year. But this time there is the threat of a possible new virus circulating in the environment. Over 6000 crows have died across several states. Only 20 samples have shown up positive for bird flu. The rest have died of unidentified causes. After ignoring the problem, the government is now moving quickly to work out an emergency outbreak plan to identify the virus and contain the epidemic.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: NDTV news report on crow deaths across northern India

In addition to crows, pigeons, owls and chickens have been dying in these states over the past 5 months. I also believe from looking through our various state threads that the number of deaths is much greater than 6000. Given the large geographical and temporal spread of the deaths, it is likely that more than one disease is involved

H5N1 clade 2.3.2.1 was implicated in the death of some of the crows. After autopsy, Ranikhet (Newcastle Disease) was diagnosed in some cases. West Nile was ruled out, but one researcher is convinced that there is an as yet unidentified virus causing encephalitis-like symptoms in the crows.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: NDTV news report on crow deaths across northern India

Just spotted that Mike Coston has an entry about the same report;
            # 6190   NDTV or New Delhi Television , is a commercial broadcast network in India that features a good deal of English l...

Comment

Working...
      X