Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Flooding 2018 - 1,739 fatalities

Link to 2017 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...430-fatalities

Link to National Disaster Management Situation Reports: http://www.ndmindia.nic.in/situation-reports-2018

Ministry of Home Affairs
    Disaster Management Division
    National Emergency Response Centre (NERC)
    Situation report on Heavy Rain fall in Assam, Kerala, West Bengal and Bihar
    [As on 7th
    July?2018 at 1800 Hrs.]
    As per information received from SEOCs Assam, Kerala, West Bengal and Bihar due to flood/heavy rainfall
    the following damages have been reported during current monsoon season:

Assam: 1,014,964 affected with 33 lives lost.
    Kerala: 4,288 affected with 71 lives lost.
    West Bengal: 147,150 affected with 70 lives lost.

Maharashtra 100 lives lost to July 4th.

Jammu & Kashmir 6 lives lost to July 3rd.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

West Bengal
    158,802 affected with 72 fatalities

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Three districts in Assam remain submerged in flood, death toll rises to 34
      Dhemaji and Lakhimpur districts continued to be flooded even as the waters receded in Biswanath district and Jorhat was hit by the deluge.

Published: 11th July 2018 02:59 AM | Last Updated: 11th July 2018 02:59 AM | A+A A-
      assam_floods File Image for Representational Purposes. | AP By PTI
      GUWAHATI: Three districts of Assam remained under water today, affecting nearly 20,000 people as the flood situation continued to be grim and one more death was reported, taking the toll to 34.

Dhemaji and Lakhimpur districts continued to be flooded even as the waters receded in Biswanath district and Jorhat was hit by the deluge, a report of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) said.

The number of people affected in the floods in 24 villages came down from 22,618 yesterday to 19,179 today, it said.
      GUWAHATI: Three districts of Assam remained under water today, affecting nearly 20,000 people as the flood situation continued to be grim and one more death was

Comment

Kerala: 4,288 affected with 76 fatalities.
        Maharashtra 114 deaths, 77 injured.

Comment

Uttarakhand:

STATE GOVT A FAILURE IN DISASTER MGMT: PCC
          Saturday, 14 July 2018 | PNS | Dehradun | in Dehradun

Accusing the State Government of utter failure in disaster management which led to the death of seven people following heavy rains in Dehradun on July 11, the Congress has alleged that this only goes on to show the insensitivity and inefficiency of the State Government and Bharatiya Janata Party organisation on such an important issue. Stating that those who had suffered damage due to heavy rain and resulting flood and water-logging in Dehradun have received no relief 48 hours after the incident, the Pradesh Congress Committee vice-president Suryakant Dhasmana said that the Chief Minister should resign from his post.

Addressing the media at the Congress Bhawan on Friday, the PCC vice president said that the heavy rain and resulting flood in parts of Dehradun resulted in seven deaths apart from which the flood water entered homes of thousands of people causing considerable damage. Deaths were caused and people suffered considerable damage but the government and BJP seemed to be bothered mainly about the coming elections.

Comment

Updates:

Assam: 1,017,618 affected, 34 fatalities
            Kerala: 6,284 affected with 80 fatalities.
            Maharashtra: 123 deaths, 98 injured.
            Gujarat: 25 deaths, 4 injured.
            Karnataka: 127 fatalities.

Previously reported
            West Bengal 72 fatalities
            Jammu & Kashmir 6 fatalities
            Uttarakhand 7 fatalities

Total at least 415 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Updates:

Assam: 1,017,968 affected, 34 fatalities
              Kerala: 11,372 affected with 84 fatalities.
              Maharashtra: 125 deaths, 104 injured.
              Gujarat: 29 deaths, 6 injured.
              Karnataka: 128 fatalities, 3 missing, 4 injured.

Previously reported
              Uttarakhand 7 fatalities

Flood death toll rises to 32 in Gujarat, India

The Hindu Business Line
              Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:21 UTC

Flooding in Gujarat, India, July 2018.
              The flood situation worsened in Saurashtra and South Gujarat regions on Wednesday as rain continued to pound the districts of Junagadh, Jamnagar, Gir Somnath and Dangs.

State Revenue Minister Kaushik Patel said the death toll during the ongoing monsoon season has reached 32 in the State. Junagadh, Gir Somnath and Dangs districts were worst hit as a large number of villages in these districts were submerged as rivers started overflowing.

Total at least 488 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Updates:
                Gujarat: 41 deaths, 6 injured
                Kerala: 11,961 affected with 113 fatalities, 8 missing, 37 injured.
                Maharashtra: 134 deaths, 110 injured.

Karnataka: 130 fatalities, 3 missing, 4 injured.

Previously reported:
                Assam: 1,017,968 affected, 34 fatalities
                Uttarakhand 7 fatalities

Total at least 537 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Updates:
                  Assam: 1,024,304 affected, 34 fatalities
                  Gujarat: 52 deaths, 13 injured
                  Kerala: 14,975 affected with 130 fatalities, 9 missing, 39 injured.
                  Maharashtra: 139 deaths, 117 injured.
                  West Bengal: 161,935 affected, 116 fatalities, 4 missing, 19 injured.
                  Uttar Pradesh: 82 fatalities, 92 injured.

Previously reported:
                  Uttarakhand 7 fatalities

Total at least 696 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Heavy rain and floods in India kill over 500 people - as fishes swim in hospital
                    Patients upload videos on social media of fish swimming in the intensive care unit of a government hospital in Patna.
                    12:20, UK,
                    Monday 30 July 2018

By Neville Lazarus , India and Asia correspondent

Heavy rain and floods have claimed at least 537 lives during the monsoon season in India.

All the deaths have happened in six of the country's 29 states and 13 people are reported missing.

The western state of Maharashtra, where some districts have had up to 99.3mm of rainfall, suffered the highest number of fatalities with 139.

It was followed by 126 in Kerala, 116 in West Bengal, 70 in Uttar Pradesh, 52 in Gujarat and 34 in Assam.

Analysts say the actual number of deaths is much higher as data from other parts of the country has yet to be collated and in many areas, particularly rural ones, deaths are not
                    reported.

https://news.sky.com/story/heavy-rai...pital-11453979

12 Dead In Odisha Floods, State Government Puts 6 Districts On High Alert
                    The government apprehended a "low to medium" flood in Mahanadi and Bitarani and asked district collectors in the delta region to remain prepared for all emergency situations.
                    All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: July 25, 2018 14:01 IST

Odisha government put the collectors of six districts on high alert in the delta region

BHUBANESWAR: The Odisha government put the collectors of six districts on high alert in the delta region, with the water level in Mahanadi and Baitarani rivers swelling due to depression-induced heavy rainfall, even as the death toll rose to 12.
                    The government apprehended a "low to medium" flood in Mahanadi and Bitarani and asked district collectors in the delta region to remain prepared for all emergency situations.
                    The Odisha government put the collectors of six districts on high alert in the delta region, with the water level in Mahanadi and Baitarani rivers swelling due to depression-induced heavy rainfall, even as the death toll rose to 12.

Comment

Uttar Pradesh Floods: 149 Deaths In Last Seven Days, Over 120 Injured
                      The Logical Indian Crew Uttar Pradesh
                      August 3rd, 2018 / 3:23 PM

Heavy rainfall has been drowning parts of Uttar Pradesh, home to 220 million people. The torrential rain has brought the state to a standstill. In the last seven days, the death toll due to the unprecedented showers have reached 148 in 50 districts, said officials. In Kanpur, a building has collapsed following heavy rainfall, injuring one and killing another. The rescue operation is underway.

According to the Hindustan Times, the most number of deaths are reported from Saharanpur where 11 people lost their lives, followed by Meerut where nine people died. Agra and Kanpur are third in number with eight dead, after which seven deaths are reported from Sonbhadra, and Muzaffarnagar and Lalitpur five each. Most numbers of deaths have occurred due to wall and house collapses, uprooting of trees, electrocution and caving in of land, officials said.

As per the reports, the number of people injured went up to 122 and the number of houses destroyed is 1,185.
                      https://thelogicalindian.com/news/ut...ds-death-toll/

UNI report (Aug 2) increases the number of fatalities in UP to 154
                      http://www.uniindia.com/154-deaths-i...s/1307459.html

Three more killed as rains continue to wreak havoc in Uttar Pradesh, CM Yogi Adityanath reviews flood-situation in state
                      Three deaths were reported on Saturday, one each in Mirzapur, Unnao and Kanpur, in rain-related incidents.
                      Edited by: India TV News Desk, Lucknow [ Published on: August 04, 2018 18:54 IST ]

Three more people were killed on Saturday as ains and thundershowers continues to lash most parts of Uttar Pradesh, while major rivers, including Ghaghra and Sharda, were in spate, leading to fears of floods in several districts.

Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath undertook an aerial survey of the flood-hit areas of Lakhimpur Kheri on Saturday and instructed the authorities to remain on high alert and provide swift assistance to the needy.

The Meteorological Department here said that south-west monsoon has been active over eastern region of the state leading to light to moderate rains and thundershowers at most places. There were also heavy rains in the isolated area.

Three deaths were reported on Saturday, one each in Mirzapur, Unnao, and Kanpur, in rain-related incidents. The toll in rain-related incidents had reached 183 since July 1.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...updates-456442

Report from TOI Aug 2 death toll in Assam has reached 41
                      Read more at:
                      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
                      Death Toll Rises To 43 As Flood Situation Worsens In Assam
                      By Pratidin Bureau On Aug 5, 2018

The flood situation in Assam deteriorated on Saturday with two more deaths reported in Sivasagar district, taking the toll to 43, while nearly 1.1 lakh people remain affected across six districts in the state.

According to the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), two persons lost their lives in flood-related incidents at Sonari revenue circle of Sivasagar.

https://www.pratidintime.com/death-t...sens-in-assam/

Previously reported:
                      Uttarakhand 7 fatalities
                      Odisha 12 fatalities
                      Kerala: 14,975 affected with 130 fatalities, 9 missing, 39 injured.
                      West Bengal: 161,935 affected, 116 fatalities, 4 missing, 19 injured.

Total at least 818 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

2 dead in Assam floods, toll touches 45
                        SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT GUWAHATI, AUGUST 05, 2018 22:12 IST
                        UPDATED: AUGUST 05, 2018 22:12 IST

Situation remains grim in Golaghat district.
                        Two people drowned in flood-hit Assam on Sunday, taking the death toll in the State to 45 since May.

Officials of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) said five of the State?s 33 districts continue to be affected, with the Brahmaputra and two of its tributaries ? Dhansiri and Jia Bharali ? flowing above the danger mark.

?A person each died in Dhemaji and Golaghat district and about 1.04 lakh people have been affected. The district authorities have set up 128 relief camps housing 26,764 people,? an ASDMA officer said.

709 dead in rains, floods during monsoon
                        Published 07-Aug-2018 03:00 IST

New Delhi: As many as 709 people have lost their lives in incidents related to floods and rains in seven states during the monsoon season so far, the Home Ministry said on Monday.
                        According to the Home Ministry's National Emergency Response Centre (NERC), 166 people lost their lives in Uttar Pradesh, 158 people have died in West Bengal, 142 have died in Kerala and 139 have died in Maharashtra.

As many as 52 people lost their lives in Gujarat, 44 died in Assam and eight perished in Nagaland.

A total of 16 people were also missing in Kerala (10), West Bengal (5) and Nagaland (1), while 207 others received injuries in rain-related incidents in the states.

Total at least 882 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Flood death toll reaches 76 in Assam, India - 90,000 still affected

Nagaland Post
                          Thu, 09 Aug 2018 12:00 UTC
                          The flood situation in Assam improved on Saturday although one person died in the deluge and nearly 90,000 people are still affected in 11 districts of the state.

According to a report by Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), one person lost his life at Mayong revenue circle in Morigaon district.

With this, the total number of people losing their lives in this year's flood related cases has gone up to 76, including eight in Guwahati.

Kerala flood: death toll rises to 37

Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 11 | Publish Date: 8/11/2018 12:23:33 PM IST
                          After being pounded by rains for the past few days, there was a brief let-up in the downpour today in Kerala, but the government remained on high alert with more rains forecast, even as the toll in the monsoon fury since August 8 climbed to 37. (bringing the state toll to 179 - Ro)

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who undertook an aerial survey of rain ravaged areas of Idukki and Wayanad, said Kerala was in the midst of an unprecedented flood havoc and the calamity has caused ?immeasurable misery and devastation.?

He said Rs 10 lakh compensation would be given to people who lost their homes and land and Rs four lakh to those who lost a member of their family.

Though there was a respite from rains across the state today, especially in catchment areas of Idukki dam, the Indian Meteorological Department issued a ?Red alert?,asking people to be cautious as there was a possibility of heavy to very heavy rainfall in most places in Idukki, Wayanad, Kannur, Ernakulam, Palakkad and Malappuram.

Two fishermen drowned today when their boat capsized off Thiruvananthapuram coast, while in an another incident,the bodies of a mother and daughter were found in a waterlogged area behind their house at Kuttanad in Alappuzha district.

Four more bodies were recovered from other parts of the state, taking the toll to 37, official sources said.

With the let up in the rains, life is limping back to normal in affected areas, including Palakkad and Waynad, where flood waters have started receding.

A total of 35,874 people have been put up in 341 relief camps across Kerala, officials at the state Disaster Management control room said.

Flood fury: Uttar Pradesh deploys special forces as death toll rises to 221
                          Monsoon gathers momentum, forecast of medium to heavy rainfall in Uttar Pradesh
                          Virendra Singh Rawat | Lucknow
                          Last Updated at August 12, 2018 21:21 IST

With the monsoon regaining momentum in Uttar Pradesh after slowing down over the past week, the Yogi Adityanath government has now deployed special forces in the flood-affected districts even as the death toll touched 221.

The state has deployed 11 teams of the National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and three teams of the State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF) apart from 17 companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) flood battalion in 26 flood-affected districts of Uttar Pradesh.

774 Died In Monsoon Rains And Floods In 7 States: Home Ministry
                          187 people have lost their lives in Kerala, 171 in Uttar Pradesh, 170 in West Bengal and 139 in Maharashtra due to the floods and rains.
                          OUTLOOK WEB BUREAU 774
                          As many as 774 people have died in incidents related to floods and rains in seven states during the monsoon season so far, the home ministry said.

A total of 27 people were missing in Kerala (22) and West Bengal (5), while 245 others received injuries in rain-related incidents in the states.

Total at least 1,008 fatalities so far this year. - Ro

Comment

Madhya Pradesh
                            11 Dead in Shivpuri Flash Flood, 45 Saved as Rescue Ops Continue
                            THE QUINTUPDATED: 00H 46M AGOINDIA1 min read

Eleven people were killed on 15 August in Shivpuri's Sultan Garh Waterfalls in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh after water level rose sharply because of a sudden release of water from a nearby dam. 45 people have been rescued, police said.

The water level rose because of a flash flood, officials said. The waterfalls are a popular picnic spot in Shivpuri.
                            Eleven people were killed on 15 August in Shivpuri’s Sultan Garh Waterfalls in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh after water level rose sharply because of a sudden release of water from a nearby dam.

72 Dead as Floods Ravage Kerala, Kochi Airport Shut Till Saturday
                            A landslide between Kuzhithurai and Eraniel stations has delayed four long distance trains, railway sources said, adding a few passenger trains have been partially hit.
                            News18.comUpdated:August 15, 2018, 11:16 PM IST (bringing the toll so far this year in Kerala to 214 deaths - Ro)
                            A landslide between Kuzhithurai and Eraniel stations has delayed four long distance trains, railway sources said, adding a few passenger trains have been partially hit.

Nation Standing With All Its Might To Help Flood Victims: PM Modi
                            Heavy rains battered north India yesterday leading to flash floods in Jammu and Kashmir, killing four people (bringing the state toll to 10 - Ro), even as the death toll in Himachal Pradesh reached 19.
                            All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: August 15, 2018 16:56 IST
                            In the wake of severe floods in Kerala and other parts of the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said the entire country is standing with all its might to help people who have lost their kin and faced hardships due to the calamity.

Comment

Kerala Flood: Death Toll Reaches 87, Massive Rescue Operation Underway
                              NEWS IANS Aug 16, 2018 03:10 PM IST

Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 16: Even as the deadly deluge in Kerala continued to take a toll of life and property across the state -- with the number of deaths rising to 87 on Thursday -- the Centre has deployed all three wings of the armed forces in a massive rescue operation that is currently underway.

Till Thursday afternoon, 20 fresh deaths -- mostly from Malappuram, Kozhikode, Palakkad and Thrissur -- were added to the toll that has been rising since August 8.
                              Even as the deadly deluge in Kerala continued to take a toll of life and property across the state -- with the number of deaths rising to 87 on Thursday -- the Centre has deployed all three wings of the armed forces in a massive rescue operation that is currently underway. 📰 Kerala Flood: Death Toll Reaches 87, Massive Rescue Operation Underway.

Previously reported:
                              Assam: 76 fatalities
                              Uttar Pradesh: 221 fatalities
                              Madhya Pradesh: 11 fatalities
                              Himachal Pradesh: 19 fatalities
                              Nagaland: 8 fatalities
                              Jammu & Kashmir 10 fatalities
                              Uttarakhand 7 fatalities
                              Odisha 12 fatalities
                              Kerala: 142 deaths to Aug 7, 87 fatalities since then for a total of at least 229.
                              West Bengal: 170 fatalities

Total at least 1,084 fatalities so far this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X