• Show
Clear All

Telangana
    KHAMMAM, May 26, 2016
    Updated: May 26, 2016 05:44 IST
    10 die of sun-stroke in Khammam

STAFF REPORTER

People in Warangal get relief with welcome showers by evening

The searing heat wave sweeping across the district has claimed more than 10 lives in the past two days.

Nine persons perished on Tuesday affected by the impact of intense heat wave conditions.

A 40-year-old person hailing from Nepal died at Mustafanagar in the town. More sun-stroke related deaths were reported from various parts of the district including Madhira, Kalluru, Penuballi and Bayyaram mandals on Wednesday.

A fair price shop dealer died of suspected sun-stroke in Madhira town on Wednesday morning.

Andhra Pradesh
    The dog days of summer begin: 11 fall to sunstroke
    By Express News Service Published: 25th May 2016 11:11 PM Last Updated: 25th May 2016 11:12 PM

WEDNESDAY TEMPERATURES (degrees C)

Jangamaheswarapuram 45

Machilipatnam 44

Bapatla 44.1

Nandigama 43

Ongole 43.5

Vijayawada 43.2

Vizag 37

VISAKHAPATNAM: Heat wave conditions have claimed at least 11 lives in Andhra Pradesh in the last 24 hours as the mercury levels shot up again coinciding with Rohini Karthi, traditionally the hottest fortnight of the summer, which began on Wednesday.

Complaints of sunstroke were reported at many hospitals around the state with people wincing to face the next 15 days. About 35 patients were admitted to the Government General Hospital at Eluru on Wednesday alone.

Heat wave continues in Odisha
    Environment, National May 25, 2016, 8:28 pm Daily World
    May 25 : With no respite from the blistering heat wave in Odisha, at least a dozen places in the state recorded day temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius on Wednesday.
    ?Out of 193 death cases, 81 have occurred due to some other reasons while 20 persons have died due to sunstroke. Other cases are under investigation,? said an official of special relief commissioner?s office.

/IANS

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Madhya Pradesh

50-year-old found dead, heat stroke likely cause

TNN | May 27, 2016, 12.00 PM IST

Bhopal: A 50-year-old man was found dead close to a water kiosk on 80-feet wide road on Thursday morning. A case was registered at Aishbagh police station. Identity of dead is yet to be ascertained. Police said it appears he died of heat stroke. There were injury marks on body. The exact cause of death will get clear in autopsy report. It is fifth suspected death due to heat stroke in the city.
      A 50-year-old man was found dead close to a water kiosk on 80-feet wide road on Thursday morning.A case was registered at Aishbagh police station.Iden

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Madhya Pradesh

Man dies of suspected heat stroke

TNN | May 30, 2016, 09.05 AM IST

Bhopal: A 53-year-old man died in GTB complex here on Sunday morning. A case was later registered at TT Nagar police station. It is seventh suspected death due to heat stroke in the city. Police said deceased has been identified as Dilip Rathore. He would sleep on a bank's footpath in GTB complex. Cops said he was unwell for past few days. He got up in the morning on Sunday, but soon fell unconscious. He was rushed to hospital where he was declared dead, cops added.

Comment

Working...
        X