Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences is going to wear homemade mask to grocery shopping - April 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences is going to wear homemade mask to grocery shopping - April 2, 2020

hat tip Michael Coston

Experts tell White House coronavirus can spread through talking or even just breathing

By Elizabeth Cohen, Senior Medical Correspondent

Updated 9:02 AM ET, Thu April 2, 2020

(CNN)A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery stor(e).

"I'm not going to wear a surgical mask, because clinicians need those," said Fineberg, former dean of the Harvard School of Public Health. "But I have a nice western-style bandana I might wear. Or I have a balaclava. I have some pretty nice options."

more...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/healt...ter/index.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sh...yes-2020-03-31
    Published: April 2, 2020 at 10:32 a.m. ET
    By
    Elisabeth Buchwald and

Jacob Passy

The Czech Republic, Slovakia and Bosnia-Herzegovina now require people to wear masks in public, while Austria requires their use in grocery stores

Back when there were only few confirmed cases of coronavirus in the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Surgeon General all pled with the public urging them not to wear face masks unless they were sick or caring for someone who was sick.

Today, there are thousands of cases of COVID-19 across America — and a growing movement to encourage mask usage in the U.S., even as health-care professionals grapple a severe shortage of protective equipment, including face masks and gowns as they treat coronavirus patients.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday that the White House Coronavirus Task Force is giving “serious consideration” to broadening the existing guidance on face masks, but he said first priority must be given to health-care workers who are currently experiencing a shortage of masks.

President Donald ***** said a day earlier “we’re not going to be wearing masks forever, but it could be for a short period of time.”

On social media, the #Masks4All campaign was started by Jeremy Howard, a distinguished research scientist at the University of San Francisco and a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global AI Council. The #Masks4All movement doesn’t just push for people to wear masks, but also to make their own face masks at home to ensure that health-care workers have access to supplies.
    Oh and your **** detector works.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Working...
    X