Clear All

• The Hidden Danger in Hospitals for Hungary’s Covid-19 Patients

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/03/31/...id-19-patients

March 31, 2021 12:09PM EDT | Commentary

The Hidden Danger in Hospitals for Hungary’s Covid-19 Patients
    Published in: HVG

Philippe Dam

Advocacy Director, Europe and Central Asia Division
    In December, an intensive care doctor was quoted in Hungarian media saying that many of the Covid-19 patient deaths are in fact the result of other infections they picked up during their treatment for the disease in Hungarian public hospitals.

That is a shocking but not surprising allegation given the grave problem of hospital- acquired infections in the country.

Research by Human Rights Watch published in August shone a light on needlessly high numbers of serious illness and death resulting from hospital-acquired infections in Hungary. We documented the shortcomings of the underfunded and understaffed Hungarian public health care system and how patients risked ending up sicker after hospital treatment than before it...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.

bump this

Comment

Working...
    X