Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

43 students massacred in Mexico while raising funds to attend event remembering the 1968 massacre of students in Mexico City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 students massacred in Mexico while raising funds to attend event remembering the 1968 massacre of students in Mexico City

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/11/...otesters_decry
    Monday, November 10, 2014
    "I’ve Had Enough": Mexican Protesters Decry Years of Impunity After Apparent Massacre of 43 Students
    Inside the Mexican College Where 43 Students Vanished After a Violent Encounter With Police

Filmmakers Slam Mexican Government Over Missing Students Investigation
    Brent Lang
    Senior Film and Media Reporter, Variety
    “The federal government argues that these events are all just local violence,” del Toro read. “Not so.”

“We believe that these crimes are systemic and indicate a much greater evil — the blurred lines between organized crime and high-ranking officers in the Mexican government,” he added.
    Honduran Students Show Solidarity for Disappeared Mexican Students
    Published 10 November 2014
    by teleSUR/ Gerardo Torres
    Students and officials from Honduras’ National University came together to express solidarity with the 43 missing Ayotzinapa students, who were allegedly killed by criminal gangs at the behest of local authorities.

University authorities and students from the National University of Honduras put a two week-long confrontation on hold Monday, coming together to express support for the 43 missing Ayotzinapa students, whom Mexican authorities say were killed by gangs on orders from local officials in the State of Guerrero.

“Mexican society and Mexican students have a legitimate grievance because thousands of people have been disappeared in Mexico. Only during the period of President Enrique Pena Nieto, more than 9,600 people have disappeared” said Julieta Castellanos, President of the Honduras National University.
    The students from Ayotzinapa teacher's college were kidnapped and killed while raising funds to attend a commemoration of the 1968 student massacre in Mexico City that happened during the Olympics that year.

TLATELOLCO MASSACRE: DECLASSIFIED U.S. DOCUMENTS ON MEXICO AND THE EVENTS OF 1968
    By Kate Doyle
    National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 10
    Pets & COVID-19 coronavirus

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
    Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Re: 43 students massacred in Mexico while raising funds to attend event remembering the 1968 massacre of students in Mexico City

http://citizen.co.za/afp_feed_articl...rity-hits-low/
    World 2.12.2014 03.48 am
    Thousands protest, Mexico leader’s popularity hits low
    by Carola Sole
    Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto marked two years in office Monday with his lowest approval rating yet, as thousands protested again his handling of the presumed massacre of 43 students.
    Mexico City (AFP)
    In the latest protest to hit the country, thousands of people marched in Mexico City, chanting for Pena Nieto to resign and waving blackened flags in anger over the case of the missing students.

They echoed “you are not alone” to parents of the missing who joined the protest...
    Pets & COVID-19 coronavirus

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
    Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

Working...
    X