Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian President Napolitano speaks, "New government or elections" (Il Manifesto, November 9 2011, edited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian President Napolitano speaks, "New government or elections" (Il Manifesto, November 9 2011, edited)

[Source: Il Manifesto, in Italian, full text: (LINK). Automatic translation from Italian to English, edited.]

Italian President Napolitano speaks, "New government or elections"

"There is no uncertainty about the choice of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to resign the government he headed." This was said by President Giorgio Napolitano.

The President of the Republic wanted to make a statement "in order to dispel any confusion or misunderstanding in the face of financial market pressure on the Italian public debt securities, which has now reached alarming levels." He continued "in my capacity as Head of I want to clarify that State, in order to dispel any misconception or misunderstanding. "

This is the text:

"1) there is no uncertainty about the choice of the Prime Minister Hon. Silvio Berlusconi's government to resign he chaired. This decision will come into operation with the approval of the stability law in Parliament in 2012;

''2) on the basis of agreements between the Presidents of the Senate and the House and the parliamentary groups of both majority and opposition, the law will be approved within a few days, and

''3) will take place immediately and then as quickly as consultations by the President Republic to provide a solution to the crisis of governance resulting in the resignation of Mr. Berlusconi,

''4) therefore, within a short time or it will form a new government with the confidence of Parliament can take any further necessary decision or dissolve the Parliament to give immediately began a campaign to be carried out within the restricted times. i am therefore totally unfounded fears that may occur in Italy a long period of inactivity and parliamentary government, as can still be taken at any time, if necessary, emergency measures ".

-
    -----
Working...
X