Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Context of Epitope Presentation Can Influence Functional Quality of Recalled Infl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Context of Epitope Presentation Can Influence Functional Quality of Recalled Infl

The Context of Epitope Presentation Can Influence Functional Quality of Recalled Influenza A Virus-Specific Memory CD8+ T Cells.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    J Immunol. 2007 Aug 15;179(4):2187-94.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=17675478&d opt=AbstractPlus
    Day EB, Zeng W, Doherty PC, Jackson DC, Kedzierska K, Turner SJ.
    Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Lipopeptide constructs offer a novel strategy for eliciting effective cellular and humoral immunity by directly targeting the vaccine Ag to dendritic cells. Importantly, it is not known how closely immunity generated after lipopeptide vaccination mimics that generated after natural infection. We have used a novel lipopeptide vaccine strategy to analyze both the quantity and quality of CD8(+) T cell immunity to an influenza A virus epitope derived from the acidic polymerase protein (PA(224)) in B6 mice. Vaccination with the PA(224) lipopeptide resulted in accelerated viral clearance after subsequent influenza virus infection. The lipopeptide was also effective at recalling secondary D(b)PA(224) responses in the lung. Lipopeptide recalled D(b)PA(224)-specific CTL produced lower levels of IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha, but produced similar levels of IL-2 when compared with D(b)PA(224)-specific CTL recalled after virus infection. Furthermore, lipopeptide- and virus-recalled CTL demonstrated similar TCR avidity. Interestingly, lipopeptide administration resulted in expansion of D(b)PA(224)-specific CTL using a normally subdominant TCRBV gene segment. Overall, these results demonstrate that protective CTL responses elicited by lipopeptide vaccines can be correlated with TCR avidity, IL-2 production, and broad TCR repertoire diversity. Furthermore, factors that impact the quality of immunity are discussed. These factors are important considerations when evaluating the efficacy of novel vaccine strategies that target dendritic cells for eliciting cellular immunity.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    PMID: 17675478 [PubMed - in process]<o:p></o:p>

Re: The Context of Epitope Presentation Can Influence Functional Quality of Recalled

I don't understand all this...

lipopeptides are those "liposomes" small fat-particles which can
    even carry influenza-viruses as I read earlier ?

dendritic cells
    CTL
    IFN
    D(b)
    IL-2
    TCR
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

Re: The Context of Epitope Presentation Can Influence Functional Quality of Recalled

dendritic cells : are special cell wich can present antigene to lymphocyte
      they have a function of CPA.

IFN : interferon

IL 2 : interleukine 2

perhaps CTL : lymphocytes T ?

I don't know what is TCR

Comment

Working...
      X