X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC's new iPad App: Solve the Outbreak

Source: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulle...d/USCDC-6d0654

Try our new iPad App: Solve the Outbreak
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sent this bulletin at 02/19/2013 11:39 AM EST

Do you want to be a disease detective?

New outbreaks happen every day and CDC?s disease detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, disease detectives are sent in to figure out how outbreaks are started, before they can spread. In our new, free iPad app, you get to Solve the Outbreak.

You?ll play the role of an Epidemic Intelligence Service agent. Find clues about outbreaks and make tough decisions about what to do next: Do you quarantine the village? Talk to people who are sick? Ask for more lab results?

With fictional outbreaks based on real-life cases, you?ll have to puzzle through the evidence to earn points for each clue. The better your answers, the higher your score ? and the more quickly you?ll save lives. You?ll start out as a Trainee and will earn badges by solving cases, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective...

Re: CDC's new iPad App: Solve the Outbreak

Maybe if the CDC spent more time developing a surveillance app for ILI symptoms, rather than some iPad game, we might have better surveillance data and we would not have to rely on Google Flu Trends.
    <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
    http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree! I sent my concerns to them today about testing for the Novel Coronavirus! Should we not be more concerned with that then a I Pad app!

Comment

My guess is that this game is a method to accustom people to using CDC material.

Comment

Educational epi games! Yes! My children will lov this!

Comment

Source: http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/cdc...tbreaks-86551/

Published On: Fri, Dec 6th, 2013
            Outbreak News / Technology | By Robert Herriman
            CDC app, ?Solve the Outbreak?, updated with six new outbreaks

The popular app from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) introduced earlier this year has had an update with six brand new outbreaks to solve.

CDC has released an update to Solve the Outbreak, the popular, free iPad app that puts you in the shoes of a member of the Epidemic Intelligence Service.

The app now has twice as many outbreaks as before, giving you double the opportunity to have fun...

Comment

Working...
            X