Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 133 dead in Ukraine's cold snap

83 dead in Ukraine's cold snap
    By Indo Asian News Service | IANS India Private Limited ? 1 hour 28 minutes ago

London, Dec 22 (IANS) At least 83 people have died in Ukraine from a cold spell that has been gripping the country, BBC reported.
    Temperatures as low as minus 23 degrees Celsius and heavy snowfall this month have left the capital Kiev and most of the country under a thick frozen layer.
    In the western part of the country, vehicles were trapped in a three-day traffic jam stretching at one point about 20 km.
    The severe weather is also affecting neighbouring Bulgaria and Romania, where six people have reportedly died.
    An official from Ukraine's health ministry said 83 people were known to have died from the cold. Most of the victims had been found on the streets.
    More than 500 people were being treated in hospitals across the country.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: 83 dead in Ukraine's cold snap

130 dead in Ukraine's cold snap
    Kiev, Dec 29 (IANS)

Freezing temperatures have taken the lives of at least 133 homeless people in Ukraine this month, a media report said Saturday.

Most of the victims were homeless people who lost their lives on the streets at night when temperatures dropped below minus 5 degrees Celsius, Xinhua reported.
    IANS
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X