Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweden Influenza Surveillance 2013-2014

Influenza Report for Week 5, 2014
    Report on the current flu situation. The report was published on 6 February 2014.

Influenza activity in the country remains low and increased only slightly during the week of the 5th Also in the rest of Europe, the season so far has been mild, but the intensity is increasing slowly. Developments to date indicates that the season may be mild, but late and intense peaks have been lost, by 2012.

Special: Intense nursed flu patients and deaths
    Den sida du söker kan tyvärr inte hittas, men vi vill gärna hjälpa dig vidare. Använd i första hand sökfältet här ovanför för att söka det du letar efter.

Special : Intense nursed flu cases and deaths
    Nineteen patients with influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 has the season been reported to be intense nursed
    by SmiNet and 23 patients have been reported by Swedish Intensivv?rdsregistrets
    influenza module ( SIRI ) . Some patients appear likely in both systems , but the total
    number is unknown because of , among other things, anonymous reporting of SIRI and underreporting
    in both systems.
    SmiNet
    Nineteen patients with influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 has been notified by SmiNet was intense nursed ,
    Fourteen men and five women. Sixteen of the nineteen (84%) were over 40 years. . Eleven patients belonged to a
    risk group , three did not , and five have unknown risk group affiliation. Of the 12 who due
    of age or risk group affiliation recommended vaccination was a vaccinated , five
    unvaccinated and six were missing vaccination status .
    SIRI
    Of the 23 intense nursed patients reported by SIRI , all but one over 65. it
    last patient was 7 years old and belonged to a risk group , but were not vaccinated. Six of the
    older also belonged to a medical risk. The most common underlying diseases were
    chronic heart and lung disease, impaired immune system and liver or kidney failure . More men have
    intensive cared for than women. All patients except one were infected with influenza
    A (H1N1) pdm09 . Only one patient had influenza B. This reflects the presence of different viruses in
    laboratory reporting. Only 3 patients were vaccinated against seasonal flu. they were
    between 70 and 80 years old. It is known that the efficacy of influenza vaccination decreases with age
    which may have contributed to the vaccination has not protected them against infection.
    deaths
    One additional patient with influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 infection have been reported as deceased . it is
    about a 77 - year-old man from S?rmlandsleden with underlying disorders who passed away in December 2013
    after a period of hospitalization. A total of three people have been reported as deceased in the season (see also
    influenza report for week 3). It is not mandatory to report when patients with
    notifiable diseases, death , making the statistics will be incomplete.

The number of people who die ( from any cause ) in Sweden has been at normal and expected level
    during the influenza season . The mortality rate in the age group 15-64 years was slightly higher than the
    expected , while the death rate among people over 65 years have been just below the expected level.
    IN
    both age groups , however, the variation is well within the expected range. At the European level is
    mortality just as expected .
    Den sida du söker kan tyvärr inte hittas, men vi vill gärna hjälpa dig vidare. Använd i första hand sökfältet här ovanför för att söka det du letar efter.

842 samples - 133 (15.8%) positive: 94 A/H1N1pdm09, 33 other A, 6 B

Activity low, Trend increasing
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 6, 2014
      Report on the current flu situation. The report was published on 13 February 2014.

After many weeks of low influenza activity now indicates the monitoring systems that we are heading towards the season's peak. How many will become ill is uncertain, but likely to be less than the last two seasons because many probably are immune and this year's seasonal vaccine has been shown to be effective against A (H1N1) pdm09, which now dominates.
      1,014 samples - 222 (21.9%) positive: 152 A/H1N1pdm09, 56 other A, 14 B

Activity increasing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweden.gif
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	661393

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 7, 2014
        Report on the current flu situation. This report was published on 20 February 2014.

We are now heading towards seasonal influenza peak. All systems showed an increased influenza activity in week 7. To reduce the risk of infection applies normally good hand hygiene. If you are ill should stay home to avoid infecting others. However, it is important that people in risk groups contacting healthcare if they fall ill. Treatment with antivirals should be considered for persons at risk regardless of vaccination status, and in all cases of severe influenza illness irrespective risk group affiliation.
        1,283 samples - 270 (21.0%) positive: 222 A/H1N1pdm09, 40 other A, 8 B

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 8, 2014
          Report on the current flu situation. This report was published on 27 February 2014.

Influenza activity, which increased in recent weeks, plateaued during week 8. We seem to have reached a seasonal peak, and everything indicates that we have a much milder influenza winter than the previous two years.
          1,447 samples - 309 (21.4%) positive: 229 A/H1N1pdm09, 64 other A, 16 B
          Most cases of influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 have been detected among people aged 40-64 years (see
          Table ) . People in middle age also represents more than a third of those hospitalized and
          intense nursed . This pattern we have seen in the past seasons .
          Among people over 65 years found , however, relatively few cases of influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 , but
          those who contract requires greater hospitalization and death. The elderly constitute less
          than 20% of all laboratory-confirmed cases, but 44% of those who received intensive care and 31% of
          those who received another hospital . Thus far this season , six people have been reported as deceased in
          associated with an influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 infection ( source: SmiNet ) . Five of the six were over 70
          years old , and the sixth had an underlying disease.

Relatively many children under five have also fallen ill , in terms of how many there are in the population.
          Statistics show that the number of cases is highest among infants , who have never met on the virus
          before nor were vaccinated during the pandemic 2009-2010 , then declined with age
          children grow . In the age group 5-14 years , where vaccination coverage was highest during the pandemic ,
          few cases have been detected, both in absolute terms and in terms of population.

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 9, 2014
            Report on the current flu situation. The report was published on 6 mars 2014.

Influenza activity peaked during weeks 7 and 8, and is now in decline. Flu season 2013-2014 thus appears to have been mild, probably as a consequence of immunity from previous seasons, higher vaccination coverage and high vaccine effectiveness. The next few weeks should the incidence of influenza decrease steadily.
            1,444 samples - 232 (16.1%) positive: 169 A/H1N1pdm09, 54 other A, 9 B

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 10, 2014
              Report on the current flu situation. The report was published on 13 mars 2014.

Influenza surveillance shows a continued downward trend. The season has been mild and no influenza-related excess mortality is appreciable.
              1,281 samples - 192 (15.0%) positive: 137 A/H1N1pdm09, 46 other A, 9 B

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 11, 2014
                Report on the current flu situation. The report was published on 20 March 2014.

Sentinel reporting indicates that people with influenza-like illness are still looking at the nation's community health centers at a moderate extent, but sampling shows that the low take flu. The other monitoring systems show a continuing decline influenza activity.

1,084 samples - 150 (13.8%) positive: 102 A/H1N1pdm09, 36 other A, 12 B

Comment

Influenza Report for Week 12, 2014
                  Report on the current flu situation. This report was published on 27 mars 2014.

Influenza activity continues to decline in the country as well as throughout the northern hemisphere. The risk of influenza B will spread to any great extent when influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 declines to be low. Influenza reports will from now on be published every two weeks. The next report will be published on 10 April.
                  962 samples - 105 (10.9%) positive: 65 A/H1N1pdm09, 31 other A, 9 B

Comment

Working...
                  X