• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Institute for Disease Control weekly reports weeks 2-12

Influenza Report, week 15 (9/4 - 15/4), 2012
    Report on the current flu situation

Influenza in Sweden
    During week 15 laboratorieverifierades 127 cases of influenza compared with 128 at week 14. The decrease was thus stalled. Easter leave may have affected the sampling and analysis during the week, but it is important to note that it is mainly for people over 65 years of decline slowed. The typical distribution patterns of influenza A (H3) is that the epidemic begins among the young and the elderly suffer finally, and this pattern is remarkably apparent this year. Laboratory samples are taken mainly in severely ill cases, and it is primarily the elderly who become severe illness. That may explain why all other reporting systems that focus on illness that requires hospitalization and general medical consultations, indicate a continued decline in influenza activity. We do not believe that the week leveling off indicates that the flu is about to take off again.

Published in the newsletter 2012-04-12
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Institute for Disease Control weekly reports weeks 2-15

Influenza Report, week 16 (16/4 - 22/4), 2012
      Report on the current flu situation

Influenza in Sweden
      Influenza activity subside more and more but still there are cases in virtually the entire country. For week 16, a total of 64 laboratory confirmed cases compared to 127 for week 15. Of these, 53 were seasonal influenza A, 9 influenza B and two influenza A (H1N1) pmd09. Further, the incidence of influenza A most in people over 65 years, but have been cut considerably, even in this age group.

As of this week we publish a flu report every two weeks and, if necessary. So, the next report published on 10th May 2012.

Published in the newsletter 2012-04-26
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X