Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy. Influenza A, a suspected case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome after H1N1 vaccination | Il Tirreno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy. Influenza A, a suspected case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome after H1N1 vaccination | Il Tirreno

Italy. Influenza A, a suspected case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome after H1N1 vaccination | Il Tirreno
    Influenza A, A suspected case of Guillain Barre Syndrome in a H1N1 2009 vaccinated woman

The woman lived a week of nightmare. The culprit: an injection made to protect against influenza A and probably the cause of the Guillain-Barre syndrome, which is a progressive paralysis of the limbs

Empoli, (Tuscany), February 3, 2010. WARNING: Google Machine Translation, edited by the Mod.

"I risked paralysis because of the vaccine against influenza AH1N1''.

Eleonora is in her 29 years, but she does not walk far and has learned to live with pain back, sometimes unbearable.

She Lived nightmarish weeks away from the second child (three months). Not healed completely. She will have a long rehabilitation and a lot of patience. But she wants to tell his story "because people need to know What I went through because of that vaccine.

Eleanor lives not far from Fucecchio, with the companion Marco, daughter Alissa three and a half years and the small Enrico, came to light last October 23.

When she learnt about the possible harm from pandemic, the second son had a few weeks', and she knew of being part of at-risk groups, as well as her child. ''I was undecided. The family doctor advised against me, and the pediatrician told me would have been better. I finally decided to get vaccinated.''

After a few days beginning on Calvary: "Strong back pain tingling, headaches. A general malaise that I could not explain. Indeed. At first I thought the causes was the spinal anesthesia before C-Section.''

Eleanor tried to resist, but can not see improvements: "I appeal to the family doctor, who sent me the neurologist. Fixed an appointment for January 5. But between 3 and 4 all hell breaks loose: "I've spent a sleepless night. I was trembling, I had a fever at 39. My companion called the guard doctor, who said to give me a paracetamol.''

The next morning Eleanor returned to the family doctor, but he had not an explanation. At January 5 and the visit in department of neurology. Doctors decide to refer to Eleanor an electromyography. "While I am concerned that the doctor is gloomy. She told me that I had a rare disease and that I must be immediately hospitalized. Then she started asking me questions and questions. She asked me if I had the flu. And I say no, "because I took too vaccine ". The sentence is revealing: "You have the Guillain-Barre syndrome. This is a disease that can be caused by infection bacterial, viral or post-vaccination and causes progressive paralysis limbs. The diagnosis is made with the lumbar puncture (lumbar puncture), which confirms that Eleanor has syndrome Guillain-Barre syndrome, "I remained at Empoli hospital for a week. I was Crazy because I could not stay with my son."

Eleanor then began a course of plasmapheresis (technique separation of plasma from the other elements of the blood): "I'm going better, I was sent home. But after two days she felt evil. It is a relapse: "A therapy with immunoglobulin started but I had to interrupt it because my body does not tolerate it. " Another cycle of plasmapheresis was performed, concluded few days ago.

"I will go through legal channels with the Ministry: I have suffered damage is not indifferent, both physical and psychological. "

''Guillain-Barre syndrome is one of the possible adverse reactions to vaccines. It is rare but can happen. ", according to dr. Filidei, head of infectious diseases of ASL 11.

"For the moment - Filidei points out - for Eleanor the relationship between the vaccine for influenza A and Guillain-Barr? syndrome is only suspected. "We administered a total of 4601 doses of vaccine for the nfluenza A - emphasizes Filidei - an adverse reaction could happen.''
    -
    <cite cite="http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/dettaglio/articolo/1848159?edizione=EdRegionale">Influenza A, likely to be paralyzed due to the fault of vaccine | Il Tirreno</cite>

Re: Italy. Influenza A, a suspected case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome after H1N1 vaccination | Il Tirreno

Have all the non-vaccine causes of GBS been ruled out for this case? e.g., campylobacter-contaminated undercooked food like poultry, eggs, or milk?

Below is from: http://www.neurologychannel.com/guillain/causes.shtml

Guillain-Barre syndrome is not hereditary or contagious. What causes GBS is not known; however, in about half of all cases the onset of the syndrome follows a viral or bacterial infection, such as the following:

Campylobacteriosis (usually from eating undercooked poultry)
    Flu (influenza), common cold
    Gastrointestinal viral infection
    HIV
    Infectious mononucleosis
    Porphyria (rare disease of red blood cells)
    Viral hepatitis

A small number of cases have been known to occur after a medical procedure, such as minor surgery.
    "The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
    X