Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITALY: A SWINE FLU AFFECTED SRI-LANKAN MAID TRANSMITS VIRUS TO CHILDREN (July 15, 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITALY: A SWINE FLU AFFECTED SRI-LANKAN MAID TRANSMITS VIRUS TO CHILDREN (July 15, 2009)

This news is published on this morning edition of Padua daily newspaper ''Il Mattino di Padova''.

The case has happened in Padua neighboring small town of Cittadella.

Since the web edition of the paper is only for paid subscribers, I reproduced here the copy of the page with the news.

In summary: On July 6, 2009 a 30 year old Cingalese woman returned from Sri Lanka; from 6 to 9 July the woman remained host of some of her friends at Padua. Since July 9 started to care two children in an undisclosed locality near Cittadella.

The two were a two year old male and a six year old girl.

On July 11 the woman started to feel sick and returned in Padua where her friends decided to keep her to hospital.

The woman suffered initially for high fever, headache, cold; she was admitted to infectious diseases department of Padua hospital where she was tested positive for pandemic H1N1 2009 virus.

At this point, a contacts tracing was started.

Meanwhile, the two children with their parents went on an holiday locality and was traced by health officials.

They have already started to suffer for mild respiratory symptoms; they remained quarantined at home untile symptoms resolutions.

Re: ITALY: A SWINE FLU AFFECTED SRI-LANKAN MAID TRANSMITS VIRUS TO CHILDREN (July 15, 2009)

It seems to me this news confirms - again - the infection from the novel H1N1 can come from anywhere, any country, including your own country.

Sri Lanka apparently has some trouble to find and report H1N1 cases - 22 reported until yesterday.

I don't suppose Sri Lanka is the only country with underreporting, in fact every country seems to underreport, some more than others.

Well, this reminds us a pandemic really is worldwide.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Working...
    X