X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estonia Influenza 2016-17; 33 fatalities

Death toll in Estonia's flu epidemic rises to 14

Today 13:21

While four deaths attributed to influenza this season had been reported as of Jan. 5, that number has since increased to 14 across Estonia.
    A broader-based exchange of data between hospitals has provided a more accurate reflection of the actual numbers of patients needing intensive care and losing their lives to the flu this season: according to aggregate data from nine hospitals across the country, a total of 14 flu patients have died while 48 have needed intensive care.
    While four deaths attributed to influenza this season had been reported as of Jan. 5, that number has since increased to 14 across Estonia.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Flu claimed 33 lives before epidemic peaked

NEWS
    01.03.2017 10:40

This season's influenza epidemic has taken 33 lives in Estonia, however the number of cases of illness has continued to drop in recent weeks, the Health Board reported.

According to data complied from ten hospitals across the country, 33 people have died due to the flu this season, 29 of whom were over 65 years of age.

Seven people were transferred to hospital intensive care units (ICUs) from care homes, five of whom later died. All patients whose lives were claimed by the illness had belonged to risk groups; none were vaccinated against the flu. Primary risk factors included advanced age and chronic illness.
    This season's influenza epidemic has taken 33 lives in Estonia, however the number of cases of illness has continued to drop in recent weeks, the Health Board reported.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X