• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belarusian bloggers: Ministry of Health hides fatal cases of swine flu

Source: http://www.charter97.org/en/news/2009/10/29/23212/

Belarusian bloggers: Ministry of Health hides fatal cases of swine flu 91
    11:29, ? society

More and more news about fatal cases of A(H1N1) virus in Minsk hospitals appears on the Belarusian Internet.

Blogger czy claims lethal outcomes of swine flu have been recorded in many hospitals in the capital of Belarus. The blogger also gives a list of the victims.

?One person dies in hospital #2, the diagnosis was confirmed. A 17-year old teen died in the children?s infectious hospital. One more person died there, results of culture tests are expected. A pregnant woman dies in hospital #10, men of 30 and 37 years old died in hospital #5, results of culture tests are also expected. All of them had an important symptom ? viral pneumonia as a complication after influenza. 7 patients in hospital #7 and 4 in hospital #6 use artificial respirating units,? the blogger notes.

According to the internet user, ?The Health Ministry of Belarus is looking for an emergency physician, who provoked the information leak about two patients who had died.?

As www.charter97.org has already reported, information about death of some people in hospital #5 appeared on the Internet on October 28. Minsk blogger sammy_belarus wrote two persons, 30 and 37 years old, died from the H1N1 influenza in the intensive care unit.

Hospital #5 refused to comment on this situation to our website. The Health Committee of the Minsk city executive committee said they didn?t have confirmed information the people had died from swine flu.

Asked to comment on the situation about the death in hospital #5, Alena Rudkova, the head of the specialized medical aid of the Health Committee, shouted: ?You are the tenth to call us! Do not spread panic! We don?t know if it was the swine flu virus!? To a question what caused the death, the doctor said: ?They died from pneumonia? and hang up.

We remind that death from swine flu have not been recorded in Belarus officially so far. The authorities denied such information every time it appeared.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Belarusian bloggers: Ministry of Health hides fatal cases of swine flu 91

Same story was posted here:

Please keep this new thread, no problem to post it again.

The number of 91 does not seem refer to cases or deaths, the number changes all the time as I noticed the last days.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Re: Belarusian bloggers: Ministry of Health hides fatal cases of swine flu

The authorities threatened to deal with the media writing about swine influenza

17:49, - Politics

Ministry of Information officials will keep track of what they write about the epidemic of influenza registered publications and their websites.

Information Ministry will stop any attempt to mislead the population.
      It was said today, First Deputy Information Minister Lilia Ananich, commenting on some of the media fanned the excitement associated with the incidence of SARS and influenza, transmits BELTA.

"Regarding the work of the media, we should carefully analyze and in accordance with the law will stop any attempt to mislead the citizens of our country. To do this, today is enough to look not only to the print and electronic media, but we will turn our attention to the Internet version of the registered media ", - said Lilia Ananich.

She said the information should be fair. "It must be information, not for information and fried facts and information for the benefit of the country and the citizens who live in it", - noted the first deputy minister.

- snip -

Врачи вынуждены скрывать информацию об эпидемии свиного гриппа в Беларуси по приказу администрации Лукашенко, а его личное отношение к тому, что в стране умирают люди, иначе как хамским назвать нельзя.
      ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
      Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Working...
      X