Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germany - Two suspected H5N1 cases in Lower Saxony - Hunted mallard and backyard poultry - Antibodies - Virus not confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany - Two suspected H5N1 cases in Lower Saxony - Hunted mallard and backyard poultry - Antibodies - Virus not confirmed

Date: 12/16/2015

Bird flu: Two suspected cases in Lower Saxony

In Lower Saxony, there are two places a suspected bird flu. This was announced by Minister of Agriculture Christian Meyer (Green) with the Lower Saxony state parliament. According to the Ministry, the Veterinary Oldenburg was able to demonstrate the causative agent of avian influenza in a hunted mallard in the district of Cuxhaven Mallard. In the second case in the district of L?neburg corresponding antibodies were detected as part of the so-called domestic fowl in a monitoring operation with duck and goose husbandry.
    In den Landkreisen Cuxhaven und L?neburg sind Hinweise auf die Vogelgrippe entdeckt worden. Landwirtschaftsminister Meyer r?t Gefl?gelhaltern zu erh?hter Aufmerksamkeit.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Government website....

Agriculture ministers Christian Meyer advises poultry farmers to high attention

Reference Laboratory examined conspicuous samples for bird flu pathogen

HANNOVER. Lower Saxony's Agriculture Minister Christian Meyer yesterday (Wednesday) shall inform the Parliament of Lower Saxony over two cases where there is a suspicion of bird flu. In a message he also appealed in the context of the poultry farmers and advised excessive attention. "Although a final result is not yet known. However, it remains important to take precautions. It is important, for example, to leave unclear death or illness as soon as possible examine bird flu and a suspected violation immediately to the competent veterinary authority. "
    In one killed in the district of Cuxhaven Mallard by the veterinary authority of Oldenburg had been detected avian flu. The samples were taken in the wake of the wild bird monitoring for early detection. The Minister: "It is in this case to the avian influenza H5N1 virus. Samples are already at the national reference laboratory of the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institute (FLI) on the island Riems been sent "The results should be available promptly Meyer added.".. In the vicinity of the shooting place no poultry farms are present "
    In the second case in the district of L?neburg H5 antibodies have been detected in the context of poultry on a monitoring operation with duck and goose husbandry.These samples will be sent for final clarification on the reference laboratory on the island Riems. The Minister made it clear that it does not concern the detection of the pathogen, but solely to the detection of antibodies associated with this finding. Only the official FLI result will show whether the animals are suffering also to bird flu.
    Lower Saxony's Agriculture Minister pointed given the current cases in Lower Saxony's nationwide "exemplary role in the regular monitoring studies both in poultry and in wild birds." As things stand, this year in the wake of the poultry-monitoring 124 stocks and in the wake of the wild bird monitoring total 571 animals were examined.

machine translation

hat tip Michael Coston for the link

Comment

Also please see FAO reports in the last week of avian influenza outbreaks in France (4 different strains):

H5N3 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209222&rss=t

H5N3 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209221&rss=t

H5N3 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209221&rss=t

H5N2 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209211&rss=t

H5N1 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209210&rss=t

H5N9 - http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=209212&rss=t

hat tip Pathfinder for the FAO links.

Comment

Suspected bird flu in the district of L?neburg initially not confirmed

No avian influenza in hunted mallard in Cuxhaven

HANNOVER. Two suspected cases of bird flu now are the first results: It follows that after the first present studies of the State Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety is not confirmed in a holding with goose, duck and chicken farming district L?neburg (LAVES) suspected. Here, however, the investigation by the national reference laboratory Friedrich Loeffler Institute (FLI) on the island Riems must still be awaited.

The FLI-examination in the latter case is however already available: In one killed in the district of Cuxhaven Mallard is low pathogenic form of avian influenza with the H5N1. This is not about avian influenza. This mild form of bird flu in a wild bird so requires no further action in accordance with the avian influenza Regulation. In addition, no poultry farms are present in the vicinity of the shooting location.

Lower Saxony's Agriculture Minister Christian Meyer called nevertheless all poultry farmers to become "to comply with the hygiene and biosecurity measures. It is recommended, for example, very pleased to pay special attention to locks, disinfectant mats and protective clothing for visitors. Votes should certainly accounting arrangements for visits as well as incoming and outgoing deliveries to be. "The poultry industry has also called on its members in a circular to be particularly vigilant.

In the frm in the district of L?neburg H5 antibodies were detected in some animals in the course of monitoring domestic poultry. The now present the first findings by the LAVES means swabs showed all virologically negative results. "All animals are clinically normal. This is good news, "said the Minister of Agriculture." However, we still need to wait for the final confirmation of this finding by the national reference laboratory FLI. "

?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
        Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Working...
        X