Dead birds found in lake at Altm?nster , Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dead birds found in lake at Altm?nster , Austria

and I don't know anyone here, who thinks Germany is in Western Europe ;-)

Mitteleuropa oder Zentraleuropa bezeichnet eine Region in Europa zwischen Westeuropa, Osteuropa,

Wenig Zweifel bestehen an der Zugehörigkeit von Deutschland, der Schweiz, Liechtenstein, Österreich, Tschechien, der Slowakei, Ungarn und Polen zu Mitteleuropa. Papst Johannes Paul II. soll Audienzen sogar verärgert abgebrochen haben, wenn Polen als Osteuropa bezeichnet wurde.

------------------------------

Middle-Europe or Central Europe is a region in Europe between Western Europe,
    Eastern Europe,...
    Without much doubt Germany,Switzerland,Liechtenstein,Austria,Chechia, Slowakia,Hungary,Poland
    belong to Middle Europe. Former Pope John Paul II, got angry when Poland was classified as
    Eastern Europe

(which is quite common in Germany)

also time-zone : MEZ = Mitteleuropäische Zeit

Jonesie, I hardly remember Western European Union, only "European Economical Union" (EWG)
    and "European Union" (EU). But now as you say it, the short form WEU somehow
    sounds familiar.
    Last edited by gsgs; July 4, 2007, 01:18 PM.
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

Keine Vogelgrippe am Traunsee

No Bird Flu at the Traunsee

Oberösterreichische Nachrichten - Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007 - 18:34

ALTMÜNSTER. Eindeutig nicht bestätigt hat sich der Verdacht auf Geflügelpest bei den acht toten Wasservögeln, die Montag und Dienstag in Altmünster am Traunsee gefunden worden waren.

Die veterinärmedizinischen Untersuchungen durch die AGES Mödling ergaben einen klar negativen Befund.

Vet research had a clear negative result.

Weitere Untersuchungen (Sektion) sollen in den nächsten Tagen klären, weshalb die fünf Haubentaucher und die drei Blesshühner tatsächlich erkrankt bzw. verendet sind.

Bei zwei weiteren heute ebenfalls in diesem Gebiet aufgetauchten Verdachtsfällen (Haubentaucher) wird noch eine Geflügelpest-Untersuchung durchgeführt. Das Ergebnis wird für morgen erwartet.

From two other cases, results tomorrow.

Lesen Sie aktuelle Nachrichten aus Oberösterreich: Berichte über regionale, nationale und internationale Ereignisse in den Oberösterreichischen Nachrichten (OÖN).

credits Christian for the link
      ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
      Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
        and I don't know anyone here, who thinks Germany is in Western Europe ;-)

Jonesie, I hardly remember Western European Union, only "European Economical Union" (EWG)
        and "European Union" (EU). But now as you say it, the short form WEU somehow
        sounds familiar.
        Don't take my word for it. My memory is not that good either. Contact the WEU and ask them if they still exist. I know they did as of June 5, 2007. But suppose they have disbanded since then?
        (If so, you could place Germany back into Middle Europe, where you wanted it in the first place.)
        It just dawned on me... the new Pope is German. Is he angry about this like the last Pope was over Poland?

Contact info:
        E-mail: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
        Phone: 22 24 36 00 Fax: 22 24 95 80/81
        Address: 7. juni-plassen/ Victoria Terrasse. PB 8114 Dep. N-0032 Oslo

Comment

Originally posted by niman View Post
          Commentary

Qinghai H5N1 Suspected in Dead Wild Birds in Austria
          Recombinomics Commentary
          July 4, 2007

In a lake in district Gmunden in Austria exist since Tuesday there is the suspicion on bird flu. That communicated the responsible Gesundheitslandesr?tin Silvia St?ger (s).

Altogether eight dead birds were found. Five hood divers and three Blessh?hner were on Monday and on Tuesday in the municipality old cathedrals at the Traunsee

The above translation describes dead wild birds on a lake in mountainous western Austria, near the border with Bavaria. Bavaria has already reported nine confirmed infections in Nuremberg, as well as three confirmed infections in Saxony and one in Thuringen. Last year, German and Austria reported the largest number of H5N1 positive wild birds. Moreover, this year a wild bird in Lednice has also tested positive, near the northern border of Austria, near Slovakia and Hungary.

Thus, at this time there are five H5N1 confirmed locations in Germany and the Czech Republic, and suspect wild bird deaths in France and Austria. These daily increases in confirmed or suspected H5N1 infections in dead wild birds provide additional evidence that H5N1 is causing undetected or unreported H5N1 fatal infections in wild birds in adjacent countries in Western Europe.

More details on the pending tests in France and Austria would be useful

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

it's not H5N1, I read

Comment

it's not H5N1, I read
              Likewise reported in post # 17 of this thread.
              ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
              Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                Likewise reported in post # 17 of this thread.
                ahh, yes. I just read the last commentary.

I also often check:

it often is faster than you have the news here.
                Actually two new cases in Nuremberg, confirmed cases in Sachsen Anhalt and France

Comment

ahh, yes. I just read the last commentary.

I also often check:

it often is faster than you have the news here.
                  Actually two new cases in Nuremberg, confirmed cases in Sachsen Anhalt and France
                  The commentary was written prior to 8 AM yesterday (about 20 hours before your post)

Comment

you're alone with your interpretation of "Western Europe".
                    It's uncommon.
                    Please use a different term or specify what you mean when you write about it.
                    Unless you are intentionally misleading...

-----------------------

hmm, it could be different in English...

is Germany western Europe ?
                    it's clearly "Mitteleuropa" (middle Europe)

http://nostalgia.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Europe
                    Bird flu reappears in western Europe

Published: Friday 6 July 2007
                    As the highly pathogenic form of avian influenza virus H5N1 has been confirmed in three EU countries over the last three weeks, member states are raising their alert levels and starting to apply measures to protect poultry.
                    Related:

LinksDossier: Avian influenza

Brief News:

After months of silence, the avian influenza H5N1 is back to Europe.
                    Since the Commission was informed about first suspicions of avian influenza in the Czech Republic on 20 June, this highly pathogenic form of bird flu has been confirmed in the Czech Republic in turkey as well as in swans and a black-necked grebe in Germany. Suspicions of H5N1 in wild birds in north-east France were confirmed on 5 July.
                    The previous outbreaks of H5N1 in the EU-27 were confirmed in three farms in the south-east England and Hungary in late January this year.
                    Due to the new outbreaks, member states are raising their bird flu alert levels. The French Ministry of Agriculture gas announced a change from "moderate" to "high" alert level implying enforcement of measures to avoid any contact between poultry and wild birds.
                    The outbreaks of H5N1 are back despite the EU's increased efforts , since the previous serious outbreaks in autumn 2005, to coordinate their response to the spread of virus and to prevent it from affecting poultry supply. Some experts are afraid that this years' outbreaks could indicate that the virus might be in the process of becoming endemic in Europe and thus would be here to stay.

Comment

Working...
                    X