Albania facing possible pandemic flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albania facing possible pandemic flu

Interesting little article, especially since Albania had a few H5N1 cases among poultry last year. May bear watching. Flu typing issues again, perhaps?

Albania facing possible pandemic flu
    Tirana, 6 March 2007 (AENews) ? Flu is spreading throughout Albania affecting babies and causing victims, according to media reports, but authorities say that despite the high number of cases, they could not say that this is a pandemic flu.

"We know that there are three kinds of flu viruses circulating in the country, and the number of persons affected is growing, but in terms of our parameters, we cannot yet say that this is epidemics", official of Public Health Institute in Tirana said. Meanwhile, the media has reported at least three cases of victims by the flu.

Re: Albania facing possible pandemic flu

this has got to be a typing mistake surely.?

Comment

I sincerely hope the reporter made a boo-boo.... and don't call me Shirley.

Comment

can you find anymore out about it scott,is it possibly a normal flu pandemic.?

Comment

Probably a seasonal flu, hence the reference to three flu types. But since the nation was visited by H5N1 last year at this exact same time, I think it bears some watching. Our European friends might be better equipped to watch for this story. And the health officials had better get busy typing the flu strains that are prevalent and start calling the WHO if they cannot match the flu test kit results with any known strain.

Comment

Working...
          X