Switzerland - NGO employees can be received in Geneva for Ebola treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switzerland - NGO employees can be received in Geneva for Ebola treatment

Switzerland - NGO employees can be received in Geneva for Ebola treatment (in French as Google does not want to translate this page!)

Employees of NGOs based in Geneva who are infected with the Ebola virus can be accommodated in Switzerland for treatment, according to Dr. Olivier Hagon, head of specialized medicine group Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit (SHA).

"The Federal Office of Public Health (BAG), in partnership with the Geneva University Hospitals (HUG), put in place procedures to accommodate those working in humanitarian organizations based in Geneva," notes Dr. Hagon in the columns of the daily orange.

Re: Switzerland - NGO employees can be received in Geneva for Ebola treatment

Thanks Frenchiegirl

The collaborator of the CSA also said " optimistic" about the rapid vaccine development to combat the epidemic . " There is often the reaction is intense when the sense of danger is near ," he says , adding that " in developed countries, the risk of an epidemic is close to zero ."

After his first visit , Olivier Hagon announces probable return to Liberia. "We will provide equipment , training health workers and initiate local alcohol disinfection products for hands ," he explains
    From the same article via google translate. Given the problems Jahrling spoke about with the development of vaccines - I am wondering what The Swiss are working on that is going to make it relatively easy to produce in large quantitates. Perhaps something already in production?

I am also worried About them trying to change the current MSF style hand washing procedure from a bleach based one to an alcohol one that only "inactivates the virus after one minute of contact". I have not seen any laboratory tests that proves it is as effective as bleach.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Working...
    X