No announcement yet.

Sudan: Yellow fever outbreak - 171 fatalities; 849 total suspected cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sudan: Yellow fever outbreak - 166 fatalities; 788 total suspected cases

Health Minister: 'Darfur free of yellow fever'
    KHARTOUM
    (6 Jan.) -

The Sudanese Minister of Health, Bahr Idriss Abu Garda, announced the five states of Darfur are now 'free' of yellow fever and stressed that the Ministry is waiting for the official statement of the World Health Organization (WHO).

Abu Garda informed Radio Dabanga in a statement on Saturday, 5 January, that during the last three weeks no new cases or deaths, as a result of the fever, have been reported.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Sudan: Yellow fever outbreak - 166 fatalities; 788 total suspected cases

Health ministry, WHO: yellow fever killed 171 in Darfur
      KHARTOUM
      (10 Jan.) -

A ?Situation Report? on the yellow fever outbreak in Darfur jointly released by the Sudanese federal ministry of health and by the World Health Organisation (WHO) asserted that 171 people have died of the disease in the region as of 9 January.

The report also indicated that 849 suspected cases of yellow fever have been reported in Darfur since 2 September 2012.

Additionally, the case fatality rate (CFR) of the disease is suspected to be of 20.1 percent.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Sudan: Yellow fever outbreak - 171 fatalities; 849 total suspected cases

Sudan: West Darfur Citizens Fear Yellow Fever Claimed Two More Lives
        24 JANUARY 2013

Armenkol ? Citizens of the Armenkol area in Sirba locality, West Darfur, fear that yellow fever may have claimed two more lives and are now "in a state of panic and fear" they told Radio Dabanga.

Two people suffering severe bleeding and high fever died on Thursday leading locals to suspect the disease could be yellow fever, sources say.

Armenkol residents confirmed to Radio Dabanga they have not been vaccinated against the disease because the ministry of health indicated yellow fever had not reached the area.

Witnesses urged authorities to contain the situation before the disease spreads.
        Citizens of the Armenkol area in Sirba locality, West Darfur, fear that yellow fever may have claimed two more lives and are now "in a state of panic and fear" they told Radio Dabanga.

Comment

3rd phase of yellow fever vaccination campaign to begin in W. Darfur
          EL-GENEINA
          (28 Feb.) -

The health minister of West Darfur announced that the third phase of the vaccination campaign against yellow fever that reportedly killed 171 people across Darfur would be launched next Tuesday in the state.

Ishaq Ahmed Yaqoub said 200.000 people in three localities, namely Jebel Moon, Kulbus and Sirba, are to be vaccinated in this phase.

He is urging the state?s population, especially those in the targeted three localities, to rush to medical centers as of Tuesday and get their shots.

According to the minister, no cases of yellow fever have been reported in the state in the last two months.

Comment

Sudan: West Darfur Yellow Fever Vaccination Campaign to End in Days - Minister
            14 MARCH 2013

El Geneina ? The third phase of the vaccination campaign against yellow fever in West Darfur will end in a few days and the health minister is urging all citizens to get their shots.

According to Minister Ishaq Ahmed Yaqoub, West Darfur would be "the first state to vaccinate all of its citizens against yellow fever" by the end of the campaign on 17 March.

The following West Darfur localities were targeted by the campaign in this final phase: Sirba, Jebel Moon and Kulbus.
            The third phase of the vaccination campaign against yellow fever in West Darfur will end in a few days and the health minister is urging all citizens to get their shots.

Comment

Working...
            X