X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Death toll of West Nile virus rises to 25 in Greece

Death toll of West Nile virus rises to 10 in Greece
    Source: Xinhua| 2019-08-23 03:27:20|Editor: huaxia
    ATHENS, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- The death toll of the West Nile virus has risen to 10 in Greece so far this year, with 96 reported cases, the National Public Health Organization (EODY) announced in a report on Thursday.

All casualties concerned patients older than 60 years old, according to EODY's data. Four deaths were recorded in the past week.

Greek experts reiterated advice to the public to take precautions against mosquitoes.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

West Nile virus toll rises to 25

The death toll in Greece from West Nile virus since June this year has risen to 25, according to this week?s report by the National Health Organization (EODY).

Up until September 19, authorities had diagnosed a total of 195 cases of the mosquito-borne virus. Of these, 121 developed illnesses affecting the central nervous system such as encephalitis or meningitis.
    The death toll in Greece from West Nile virus since June this year has risen to 25, according to this week’s report by the National Health Organization (EODY). 
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X