Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haiti - Typhoid outbreak in Mont-Organis? (North-East)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiti - Typhoid outbreak in Mont-Organis? (North-East)

Translation Google

Haiti-Health: The poor quality of water causing an epidemic of typhoid in Mont-Organis? (North-East)

Monday, February 17, 2020

From our special correspondent Marlyne Jean

Mont-Organis? (North-East), 17 Feb. 2020 [AlterPresse] --- Typhoid fever is raging in the commune of Mont-Organis? (department of North-East), because of the poor quality of the water consumed by the population, alerts the main mayor of Mont-Organis? , Silvio Micanor, in an interview with the online agency AlterPresse.

"Several cases of typhoid, but also of malaria, are registered in Mont-Organis?, because the question of water constitutes a crucial problem in Mont-Organis?", deplores the municipal council of Mont-Organis?.

People are building ponds to catch rainwater that is not treated, says Micanor.

A single, poorly equipped health center is available to provide first aid to patients.

When cases of illness exceed the capacity of the health center, patients are transferred to other centers in Milot or in Cap-Haitien (North).

Several steps have been taken, by the town hall of Mont-Organis?, with other institutions, to come to the aid of the inhabitants of the town, but in vain.

“Since my arrival at the town hall, I have submitted around 5 or 6 projects. The last was at the Monetization Office for Development Assistance Programs (Bmpad). I never had an answer ”, criticizes the principal mayor Silvio Micanor.

Through its advocacy, the Mont-Organis? municipal council recommends repairing the pumps and available water sources, as well as supplying fuel to a generator, which supplies water to around 150 households.

It would also be advisable to develop a large-scale project, aiming to capture a river to water the Mont-Organized area. [mj emb rc apr 17/02/2020 10:55]

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela
Working...
X