• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peru: Case of Acute Flaccid Paralysis (?) Reported

computertranslation

Possible case of polio reported in the region San Martín

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Alert. 21 year old was diagnosed with this evil by a hospital doctor Rodríguez de Mendoza. Parents need to move it to Lima for treatment.

A possible case of polio had been filed in Añazco, a hamlet of San Martín region. This disease affect Añazco Añazco Saul, 21, who since last year has various ailments that supports up today.

His father Fabian Añazco told that at the beginning, his son began to have difficulty walking because he felt all his weak body. He also narrated that, gradually, the young showed his annoyance because it was complicated his hearing and could not digest food because I felt pain in my throat.

When everything is complicated, Saul's parents decided to take him to the town of Rodriguez de Mendoza, in Chachapoyas, Amazonas, where the Mary Help MOH hospital. Needed to be addressed urgently. "There the doctor who treated my son certified that he had polio. Then he recommended that move from this Lima to be treated with greater care," said Fabian, who is a farmer.

"So has lost enough weight, very thin," said the father, who explains how his son could contract the disease.

It should be noted that, according to the Ministry of Health, Peru has remained free of polio since 1991 when it was detected and confirmed the latter in the town of Pichanki in Junín. This, in turn, was last recorded in America.

More: La Republica
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~
Working...
X