X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bangladesh: 2013 Nipah Virus - 16 cases, 14 deaths

Update on 04 March, 2013

Situation Update:

04 March 2013: 18 Nipah cases were identified among them 16died (mortality rate 89%);. These cases are from 12 districts (Gaibandha, Natore, Rajshahi, Naogaon, Rajbari, Pabna, Jhenaidah, Mymensingh, Nilphamari, Chittagong, Kurigram, Kustia). Age distribution of cases are 8 months to 55 years among them 12 are male and 6 are Female.
    IEDCR is the national institute for conducting disease surveillance and outbreak investigation. It has been engaged in controlling disease and involved in researches on health events of public health importance.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Bangladesh: 2013 Nipah Virus - 18 cases, 16 deaths

Nipah Infection in 2013

Update on 12 March, 2013

Situation Update:

12 March 2013: 19 Nipah cases were identified among them 17 died (mortality rate 89%);. These cases are from 13 districts (Gaibandha, Natore, Rajshahi, Naogaon, Rajbari, Pabna, Jhenaidah, Mymensingh, Nilphamari, Chittagong, Kurigram, Kustia). Age distribution of cases are 8 months to 55 years among them 13 are male and 6 are Female.

Nipah

Human Nipah virus (NiV) infection, an emerging zoonotic disease, was first recognized in a large outbreak of 276 reported cases in Malaysia and Singapore from September 1998 through May 1999.
      IEDCR is the national institute for conducting disease surveillance and outbreak investigation. It has been engaged in controlling disease and involved in researches on health events of public health importance.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Bangladesh: 2013 Nipah Virus - 19 cases, 17 deaths

Nipah Infection in 2013

Update on 2 April, 2013

Situation Update:

2 April 2013: 24 Nipah cases were identified among them 21 died (mortality rate 88%. These cases are from 14 districts (Gaibandha, Natore, Rajshahi, Naogaon, Rajbari, Pabna, Jhenaidah, Mymensingh, Nilphamari, Chittagong, Kurigram, Kustia, Magura, Manikganj). Age distribution of cases are 8 months to 60 years among them 15 are male and 9 are female.
        Age in year //Sex //Address //Outcome
        24 Male Rajbari Death
        11 Male Zhinaidaha Death
        8 Male Nougaon Death
        35 Female Nator Death
        0.7 Male Nator Alive
        9 Male Gaibandha Death
        8 Male Mymensingh Death
        41 Male Mymensingh Death
        3 Female Pabna Alive
        43 Male Pabna Death
        30 Female Rajshahi Death
        0.9 Female Chittagong Death
        48 Male Nilphamari Death
        7 Male Kurigram Death
        55 Male Nilphamari Death
        45 Female Nilphamari Death
        5 Female Kushtia Death
        40 Male Nougaon Death
        1.8 Male Magura Death
        53 Male Manikganj Death
        39 Female Manikganj Death
        7 Female Manikganj Alive
        60 Female Manikganj Death
        30 Male Manikganj Death

Comment

Re: Bangladesh: 2013 Nipah Virus - 24 cases, 21 deaths

Bangladesh: Nipah virus has killed more than 80 percent of those infected in 2013 outbreak

While there is much attention over the outbreaks in China (H7N9 avian influenza) and the Middle East with the new coronavirus, Bangladesh has been in a battle with a viral disease outbreak that is killing a whopping 87.5% of those infected this year.

The Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) in Dhaka has announced in their most recent update that 24 cases of Nipah virus infection have been reported in Bangladesh since the beginning of 2013, of which 21 cases have died.

While there is much attention over the outbreaks in China (H7N9 avian influenza) and the Middle East with the new coronavirus, Bangladesh has been in a battle with a viral disease outbreak that is killing a whopping 87.5% of those infected this year. The Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) in Dhaka has announced in their […]

Comment

Re: Bangladesh: 2013 Nipah Virus - 24 cases, 21 deaths

Nipah Infection in 2013

Update on 15 May, 2013

Situation Update:

As of 15May 2013, 24 cases of Nipah virus infection have been reported in Bangladesh since the beginning of 2013, of which 21 cases have died. These cases are from 13 different districts (Gaibandha, Jhinaidaha, Kurigram, Kushtia, Magura, Manikgonj, Mymenshingh, Naogaon, Natore, Nilphamari, Pabna, Rajbari, Rajshahi). The age distribution of cases is from 8 months to 60 years. Sixteen cases are male and eight are females.

Comment

Working...
            X