Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing to music may halt progression of Parkinson’s disease

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...insons-disease
    • A study investigated how dancing to music affects various symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
    • The results suggest that dancing to music can halt the progression of physical and psychological symptoms of Parkinson’s.
    • The researchers say the results could aid in developing long-term rehabilitation programs to help people manage the condition.

Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a brain disorder that affects movement. Its symptoms usually begin gradually and get worse over time.

People may experience shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with walking, balance, and coordination in the initial stages of PD. As the condition progresses, individuals might also experience trouble with speech, memory, and fatigue.

Previous research has suggested that dance classes may improve walking speed, balance, and movement in those with PD. However, most of these studies happened over short periods and did not include widely-used tools to diagnose the condition, such as the ​​Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS)...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.

bump this

Comment

Working...
    X