Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

    Source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-in-ormoc-city

    Dengue outbreak declared in Ormoc City
    January 24, 2014 3:20pm

    A dengue outbreak has been declared in Ormoc City in Leyte as 84 cases have been recorded in the area in less than a month.

    A report on GMA News TV's News to Go on Friday quoted Dr. Nelita Navales, city health department chief, as saying that rains brought by the recent low pressure area may have caused the rise in number of dengue cases, with water pooling on debris left by Typhoon Yolanda last November...



    Link to 2013 thread: http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=198424
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; March 27, 2014, 06:34 AM. Reason: added link to 2013

  • #2
    Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

    Source: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories...ambo-evacuees/


    Dengue afflicts Zambo evacuees
    By Mindanews on February 4 2014 9:01 am

    ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/04 February) ? At least 23 cases of dengue have been recorded so far among evacuees at the Joaquin Enriquez Sports Complex, City Health Officer Dr. Rodelin Agbulos on Monday said.

    The report prompted Agbulos to advise the evacuees to observe cleanliness to contain the disease...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

      Reported increase of dengue, measles and chikungunya in Tacloban closely monitored by DOH-8
      BY: CONSUELO B. ALARCON
      Friday 21st of February 2014
      New 0 0 0 0
      TACLOBAN CITY, Leyte, Feb. 21 (PIA) ? The Department of Health in Eastern Visayas through its Epidemiology Unit is closely monitoring three diseases which are reportedly to have increased in typhoon affected areas in the region particularly in the city.

      During the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC) Meeting held recently at Leyte Sports Development Center (LSDC) in this city, Dra. Carmen Garado of the Dep?t of Health (DOH) has revealed that cases of dengue, measles and chikungunya have increased across the region with Tacloban having the most number of cases.

      Since January 1 until February 18, 2014, 470 suspected cases of dengue fever with two deaths were reported . As to measles, 180 cases with two deaths were likewise reported.

      However, even if the cases haven?t reached the epidemic level, DOH has intensified its vector control measures like fumigation in many areas and community campaigns on self-protection methods as well as measles immunization especially to children to prevent an outbreak.

      DOH is also reminding the public to heed the expert?s advice to search and destroy the breeding sites of mosquitos, seek protective measures like wearing long sleeves and pajama or using mosquito nets and seek early consultation with a doctor especially when one is suffering with a high fever in two or more days to avoid the complication of the disease and even death.

      Although, indiscriminate fogging is being discouraged by health authorities. Recently, several barangays in Tacloban which have ten or more cases of dengue were the subject of fogging operations.
      Authorities deemed it necessary to conduct the fumigation after it has improved the condition of some brgys. in the city which are said to have plenty of dengue and chikungunya cases. (PIA-8)
      - See more at: http://news.pia.gov.ph/index.php?art....iuyBEgBG.dpuf
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

        Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/dengue-cases-reach-750-in-davao/


        Dengue cases reach 750 in Davao
        February 25, 2014 (updated)

        The Department of Health (DOH) 11 said that dengue cases in Davao region reached 750.

        The agency said that this is just for the period ending February 20.

        DOH said that the number of cases this year is lower than the 1,946 cases recorded in the same period last year as well as the mortality rate which dropped to four from 17 deaths the previous year...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

          Lesser dengue cases recorded
          by Phoebe Jen Indino
          February 28, 2014

          Cebu City ? From 3,512 dengue cases last year covering January 1 to February 22, the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit 7 of the Department of Health has only recorded 501 cases this year which is 85.7 percent lesser as compared to last year.

          Deaths are also lesser with two while in 2013 there were six in the comparative period.
          ...


          ...
          The two deaths, involving a 10-year old boy and a two-year old toddler, were recorded in Dumaguete City and Bais City.
          ...


          Dengue cases in Calbayog down in 2013

          Friday, February 28, 2014


          CALBAYOG CITY -- The number of reported dengue cases in this city dropped from 125 in 2012 to 69 in 2013, an official of the City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (CESU) said.

          Grace Campo, of CESU, said the data was based on the number of patients confined at the three hospitals here.

          Not included were those cases not admitted in health facilities and those directly brought to the regional hospital in Tacloban City, Leyte.
          ...
          Stay updated with SunStar's latest news from Cebu, Davao, Manila, Bacolod, and more. Your trusted source for Philippine community stories in English and Bisaya.
          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

            Dengue claims 3 in CV in two months

            By Jessa J. Agua (The Freeman) | Updated March 9, 2014 - 12:00am

            CEBU, Philippines - Three people died of dengue in Central Visayas from January to March 1 this year.

            The fatalities are from Dumaguete City and Bais City in Negros Oriental and from Minglanilla in Cebu.

            Data from Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) showed that numbers within this time period ? 628 cases and three deaths ? is 83.8 percent lower than the numbers in the same period last year. There were 3,883 cases and six deaths last year.

            Cebu City continues to lead the list of local government unit with the most number of reported cases ? 118 cases this year and 547 cases last year.
            ...
            Twitter: @RonanKelly13
            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

              Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/dengue-hits-677-in-c-visayas/

              Dengue hits 677 in C. Visayas
              by Mars W. Mosqueda Jr.
              March 13, 2014

              Cebu City, Cebu ? The Regional Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (RESU) of the Department of Health in Region VII (DoH-7) yesterday said dengue cases in Central Visayas reached 677, with three fatalities, during the period January to March, 2014.

              The dengue cases so far this year, however, dropped 84.2 percent from the same period last year, data from RESU-7 showed.

              Cebu City continues to have the most dengue cases in the entire region with 118, followed by Lapu-Lapu City with 87 cases.

              Dumaguete City is at third spot with 74 cases while Minglanilla in Cebu and Sibulan in Negro Oriental recorded 31 and 30 cases, respectively.

              For the entire 2013, the DoH has recorded 4,295 dengue cases with a total of 11 fatalities in the entire region...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                Source: http://news.pia.gov.ph/index.php?article=1231394638003


                PHO bares zero death in 221 Dengue cases
                By: alice nicart
                Thursday 13th of March 2014


                BORONGAN CITY, EASTERN SAMAR, March 13 (PIA) ? There had been 221 cases of Dengue in 12 of the 22 municipalities and one city here, from December 2013 to February 28 this year, so reported the Provincial Health Office(PHO), but of this number, there had been zero death.

                Unlike in previous years, when a number of deaths from Dengue had been reported, hospital personnel are now happy at the negative reports and they attribute this to the control measures that are being undertaken by communities and health personnel, e.g. search and destroy activities by Barangay Dengue Control Teams, continuous larval survey and encouraging all households to do a daily search and destroy activity...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                  Dengue kills 2 in Iloilo
                  by Tara Yap
                  March 19, 2014

                  Two deaths have been attributed to dengue hemorrhagic fever in Iloilo province.

                  Dr. Maria Socorro Colmenares-Qui?on, Iloilo Provincial Health Office assistant chief, disclosed that a five-month old toddler from San Joaquin town and a 38-year-old from Mina town were the two casualties.

                  A total of 99 dengue cases including the two deaths were recorded in the 42 towns and the component city of Passi from January 1 to March 8
                  ...
                  Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                  The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                    Zamboanga Reports Over 450 Dengue Cases In First Two Months
                    By Robert Herriman

                    The Zamboanga City Health Office (CHO) has reported 463 dengue fever cases in the first two months of 2014, according to a Zamboanga Today report today.

                    According to official health department data, the city had a total of 291 dengue cases in January, while for February, a total of 172 cases of dengue fever were recorded.
                    ...
                    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                      DOH: Dengue cases down by 52%
                      March 27, 2014 2:49pm

                      The number of dengue cases fell by 52 percent in the first two-and-a-half months of 2014 compared to the same period last year, the Department of Health said Thursday.

                      DOH Secretary Enrique Ona said there were 13,188 cases from Jan. 1 to March 15, compared to 27,579 in the same period in 2013.

                      But Ona pushed for continued cleanup drives in possible mosquito breeding areas.
                      ...
                      The number of dengue cases fell by 52 percent in the first two-and-a-half months of 2014 compared to the same period last year, the Department of Health said Thursday.


                      Comment: As usual Philippines Health spokesmen compare current case figures to revised case figures for the previous year managing in the process to show a miraculous decrease. The DOH report to March 30th last year tallied 23,615 cases with 104 fatalities. So by March 15th last year around 20,000 cases were reported. Still a decrease, but not as dramatic as reported by the MOH. - Ro
                      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                        Dengue cases drop over 50 percent in 1Q
                        by Jenny F. Manongdo
                        April 14, 2014
                        Share this:
                        Dengue cases in the country have seen over 50 percent reduction in the first quarter of the year, health authorities reported.

                        From January 1 to March 29, a total of 15,375 dengue cases were recorded by the Department of Health (DoH), assistant secretary Eric Tayag said.

                        Despite the swarm of mosquitoes that plagued some areas in the metro this month, Tayag said a 51 percent decrease in dengue was recorded in the first quarter of the year. There were also 62 dengue-related deaths reported within the said period.

                        In his speech before the World Health Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) held in Manila last week, Tayag said 174 cases of dengue are being reported almost everyday. Last year, 204,906 dengue cases were seen in the country.
                        ...


                        Comment: As usual Philippines Health spokesmen compare current case figures to revised case figures for the previous year. The DOH report to March 30th last year tallied 23,615 cases with 104 fatalities.
                        Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                          14 died of dengue in Central Mindanao in Q1, but cases down by 51% ? DOH
                          By Edwin Fernandez
                          Inquirer Mindanao
                          5:01 pm | Monday, April 28th, 2014

                          COTABATO CITY, Philippines ? Fourteen persons have died in the Central Mindanao due to dengue during the first quarter of 2014, the region?s health department reported on Monday.
                          From January to March 31, DOH-12?s Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) also reported 1,291 cases.
                          This is 51 percent less compared to the number of cases recorded in the same period in 2013, where it recorded 2,612 cases in the provinces of North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat and the cities of Cotabato, Kidapawan, Tacurong, Koronadal and General Santos City.
                          ...

                          Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/597958/...#ixzz30AtrI6vG
                          Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
                          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                            Dengue claims 9
                            Posted by Online on May 4th, 2014 // No Comment

                            BUTUAN CITY ? Nine persons reportedly died due to dengue in Caraga from January to the present. The Department of Health-Center for Health Development-Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (DoH-CHD-RESU) reported that 944 persons afflicted by dengue were admitted to various hospitals in the region during the period.
                            ...
                            Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Philippines: 2014 Dengue outbreaks

                              Dengue cases down 51 pct in Philippines
                              Xinhua, May 6, 2014

                              Dengue cases in the Philippines declined by 51 percent to 18,611 in the January-April period this year from 38,087 recorded a year earlier, the health department said Tuesday.

                              The Philippine Department of Health (DOH) said the death toll from dengue reached 80, which represented a drop of 50 percent from 161 a year ago.
                              ...
                              Dengue cases in the Philippines declined by 51 percent to 18,611 in the January-April period this year from 38,087 recorded a year earlier, the health department said Tuesday.


                              Comment: Philippine officials seem to always compare this year's preliminary tally with last year's revised tally. Last year the preliminary report to May 4th reported 33,458 cases with 149 fatalities. Comparing apples with apples, case numbers & fatalities are still significantly lower this year. http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...aths-lower-doh - Ro
                              Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                              The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X