• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congo fever claims 10th life in city
    Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Congo fever claims 10th life in city
    By M. Waqar BhattiOctober 17, 2016Print : Karachi

Nasir, a resident of Model Colony, is October?s third Congo fever victim

The Congo Crimean Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) claimed this year?s 10th life in Karachi on Sunday as a male patient passed away at the Dow University of Health Sciences? (DUHS) Ojha campus hospital, health officials said.

Muhammad Nasir, a resident of Model Colony was admitted at Ojha hospital two days ago, on October 14, on suspicion of suffering from the haemorrhagic fever.

His blood and other samples were sent to the Aga Khan University Hospital?s (AKUH) lab for medical examinations where a PCR test by the lab confirmed that Nasir was suffering from CCHF.
    Nasir, a resident of Model Colony, is October’s third Congo fever victim The Congo Crimean Haemorrhagic Fever claimed this year’s 10th life in Karachi on Sunday as a male patient...

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Veterinary doctor diagnosed with Congo fever
      Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Veterinary doctor diagnosed with Congo fever
      October 30, 2016Print : Karachi

Health officials confirmed on Saturday a fresh case of Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), saying that a 28-year old person was being treated at a private hospital after being diagnosed with the deadly viral infection.

?Ali Ayaz, a veterinary doctor and resident of Gulistan-e-Jauhar, has been brought to the emergency department in serious condition and he has been confirmed with Congo Crimean viral infection,? Zafar Mehdi, an official of the Sindh health department said.

CCHF is a highly lethal viral disease and it has claimed nine lives so far in Karachi alone this year, while over 76 patients have been taken to various hospitals in the city on suspicion of having the fever.
      Health officials confirmed on Saturday a fresh case of Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever , saying that a 28-year old person was being treated at a private hospital after being diagnosed with the...
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X