Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congo death toll reaches 9 in Quetta
    August 26, 2016 | By Rashid Saeed | Pakistan

QUETTA: The death toll from the deadly Congo virus has reached 9 in Quetta with two more patients passing away on Friday.

According to sources at the Fatima Jinnah Hospital, the deceased were residents of Quetta and Loralai. Two patients are also being treated at the hospital for Congo.

With Eid-ul-Azha almost upon us, health experts are advising citizens to take special preventive measures to avoid contracting the virus.
    QUETTA: The death toll from the deadly Congo virus has reached 9 in Quetta with two more patients passing away on Friday. According to sources at the Fatima Jinnah Hospital, the deceased were residents of Quetta and Loralai. Two...
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Epidemic: Two hospitalised with symptoms of Congo fever

By Our CorrespondentPublished: August 28, 2016

MULTAN: Two people with Congo fever symptoms were admitted to Sahiwal District Headquarters Hospital on Friday.

One of them was later referred to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.

Health EDO Dr Sirajuddin told newsmen that 30-year-old Ali Raza and 30-year-old Surayya Bibi were brought to the hospital early on Friday each with a nose bleed and a high fever.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Congo fever death toll rises to six in Paks Karachi

PTI
        August 30, 2016 | UPDATED 21:45 IST

Karachi, Aug 30 (PTI) The death toll from a possible outbreak of Congo fever in Pakistans Karachi city has risen to six after an Afghan national died of the virus, triggering panic among residents ahead of the Eid festival next month.
        Salamuddin Amir Muhammad, who had come to the port city from Kabul for treatment, died of Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), commonly known as the Congo fever, on Sunday.

Comment

Another patient admitted to JPMC over Congo fever fears
          Khawar KhanSeptember 01, 2016
          HEALTH

KARACHI: Another patient was admitted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) on Thursday in Karachi over Congo fever fears.

According to Deputy Director JPMC, 15-year-old Shahid Khan, a resident of Karachi?s Lasbella, reached the hospital today.

?Shahid was rushed to an isolation ward after headache, fever and bleeding from his nose?, added Dr Jamali.
          KARACHI: Another patient was admitted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Thursday in Karachi over Congo fever fears. According to Deputy Director JPMC, 15-year-old Shahid Khan, a resident of Karachi’s Lasbella, reached the...

Comment

Death toll mounts to 15 as another Congo virus patient dies in Quetta

By: agencies
            02-Sep-16

QUETTA: Another Patient of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus has died in Fatima Jinnah Hospital Quetta raising death toll to 15.

Focal Person on CCHF Ghulam Abbas has said that the deceased RehmatUllah was admitted in the hospital 10 days before after he was infected by Congo virus. He said three other Congo virus patients have been admitted in the hospital while one of them is in critical condition.
            QUETTA: Another Patient of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus has died in Fatima Jinnah Hospital Quetta raising death toll to 15. Focal Person on CCHF Ghulam Abbas has said that the deceased RehmatUllah was admitted in the hospital 10 days before after he was infected by Congo virus. He said three other Congo virus patients […]

Comment

Man dies of congo fever
              By Webmaster - September 9, 201609

Raza Naqvi

Attock?A patient suffering from Congo fever died in hospital. Reports reached to this scribe revealed that 23 year old Zulfiqar resident of village Bhangai tehsil Hazro had been suffering from Congo fever for last one week. He was first shifted to THQs Hospital Hazro and then to Holy Family Hospital Rawalpindi for treatment but he could not survive. District administration advised his relatives to shift his dead body directly to graveyard to avoid spread of deadly Congo virus.

Comment

Three Congo fever patients die in Quetta
                SALEEM SHAHID ? PUBLISHED ABOUT 11 HOURS AGO

QUETTA: With the death of three more Congo fever patients, among them a woman and her son, the toll this year has reached 17, hospital sources say.

The woman and her son were brought to the Fatima Jinnah Chest Hospital from Zhob district in a serious condition.

They were admitted to the isolation ward with bleeding nose and mouth four days back, said Dr Pervez Ahmed, adding that both died because of their serious condition.
                QUETTA: With the death of three more Congo fever patients, among them a woman and her son, the toll this year has...

Comment

ASF inspector dies of Congo fever
                  FAIZA ILYAS ? PUBLISHED ABOUT 9 HOURS AGO

KARACHI: The Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) claimed another life on Monday raising the death toll from the tick-borne disease to seven this year in the city.

This time the victim was an Airport Security Force (ASF) inspector.

According to ASF sources, Mohammad Sagheer, in his early 50s, was a resident of Bhittaiabad, a residential colony near the airport.
                  KARACHI: The Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) claimed another life on Monday raising the death toll from the...

Yet another death from Congo virus, two under care

By: Staff Report
                  20-Sep-16

KARACHI: One more person infected with deadly Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) died on Monday at local hospital here, bringing the total death toll from this deadly disease to seven. Mohammad Siddique, aged 51, resident of Bhittaiabad Area, was admitted in the hospital on September 14th and later diagnosed with Congo Fever, Dr Zafar Mehdi, focal person of the government facility for prevention of naegleria and CCHF told Daily Times. Dr Mehdi added that two persons have been shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC), and both of them were suspected as infected with Congo fever.
                  http://dailytimes.com.pk/sindh/20-Se...two-under-care

Comment

Another Congo fever patient admitted to JPMC
                    Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Another Congo fever patient admitted to JPMC
                    By M. Waqar BhattiSeptember 24, 2016Print : Karachi

A 36-year-old butcher was diagnosed with Congo fever at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Friday, taking the number of patients suffering from the disease at the hospital to three.

Muhammad Younus, 36, a resident of Baldia Town, was taken to the JPMC on late Thursday night. A polymerase chain reaction test confirmed that he was suffering from Congo fever.

With Younus? addition, there are now three Congo fever patients being treated at the JPMC?s isolation ward. There is no record of any other Congo fever patients at any private hospital of the province.
                    Three patients of the disease being treated at the hospital’s isolation ward A 36-year-old butcher was diagnosed with Congo fever at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Friday, taking...

Comment

Congo fever claims another life in Peshawar
                      Home / Today's Paper / Peshawar / Congo fever claims another life in Peshawar
                      By Bureau reportSeptember 25, 2016Print : Peshawar

PESHAWAR: Another patient died of Congo fever in the provincial capital on Saturday, though the Health Directorate is clueless about the total number of deaths caused by the deadly virus and the number of patients admitted to hospitals in the province.

Siddiqur Rahman, 45, died at the Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC), Peshawar. He belonged to Peshawar and was admitted to the hospital a few days ago.

He was the third casualty of the Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) at the HMC this year.
                      PESHAWAR: Another patient died of Congo fever in the provincial capital on Saturday, though the Health Directorate is clueless about the total number of deaths caused by the deadly virus and...

Woman dies of congo fever in Lahore

Web Desk
                      By Web Desk
                      September 24, 2016 14:13

LAHORE: A woman has died of congo fever in Lahore. She was admitted to the hospital couple of days ago.

The deceased woman was resident of Kasur.

Her blood samples have been sent to National Institute of Health in Islamabad for examination.
                      LAHORE: A woman has died of congo fever in Lahore. She was admitted to the hospital couple of days ago.

Comment

Cases in Quetta, Peshawar: Two more patients die of Congo virus

By Our CorrespondentsPublished: September 25, 2016

QUETTA / PESHAWAR: Two patients died of the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in the provincial capitals of Quetta and Peshawar on Saturday, indicating the seriousness of the threat posed by the tick-borne disease.

A dozen or more people have already become fatal victims of CCHF in Balochistan, health officials confirmed.

Health officials said the test results of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) of nine other patients have yet to be confirmed by the Aga Khan University.
                        The latest victim was identified as Abdul Haq, a resident of Hazar Ganji area in Quetta.

Comment

Congo virus claims another victim in Lahore
                          GNGEO NEWSSeptember 26, 2016
                          PAKISTAN

Congo virus claims another victim in Lahore

LAHORE: Another patient suffering from Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever or Congo virus died in Lahore?s Jinnah Hospital in the wee hours of Monday.

According to details, 16-year-old Zaheer from Kot Radha Kishan was brought to the hospital a few days ago and was diagnosed with the disease.

The death toll from the virus in Punjab has climbed to four this year. The body of the boy has been handed over to his relatives.
                          LAHORE: Another patient suffering from Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever or Congo virus died in Lahore’s Jinnah Hospital in the wee hours of Monday. According to details, 16-year-old Zaheer from Kot Radha Kishan was brought to the...

Comment

Congo fever patient admitted to ASH
                            Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Congo fever patient admitted to ASH
                            September 29, 2016Print : Karachi

Health authorities at the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital (ASH), on Wednesday, confirmed admitting the medical facility?s first patient infected by the Congo virus - raising the number of Congo patients admitted to hospitals in the city to 70.

Twenty-six-year-old Asif Hanif, resident of Shah Faisal Colony, was first taken to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) because of a high fever, but owing to a ?lack of attention from the JPMC administration?, his attendants decided to shift him to ASH on Tuesday where he was diagnosed with CCHF.
                            Health authorities at the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital , on Wednesday, confirmed admitting the medical facility’s first patient infected by the Congo virus - raising the number of Congo patients...

Comment

Congo claims another life in city
                              THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER ? PUBLISHED ABOUT 9 HOURS AGO

KARACHI: A middle-aged man died of Congo-Crimean haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) at a hospital in the city on Saturday, taking the tally of such deaths to eight this year.

Officials in the Sindh health ministry identified the victim as Younus, who died at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre because of the infection caused by a tick in animals. However, JPMC officials could not be contacted to corroborate the report.

Officials said the number of victims of CCHF increased to eight in Sindh. They included a resident of Benazirabad, and two each belonging to Bahawalpur and Afghanistan. However, all of them died in the health facilities of Karachi.
                              KARACHI: A middle-aged man died of Congo-Crimean haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) at a hospital in the city on Saturday,...

Comment

Ninth life lost to Congo fever this year
                                Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Ninth life lost to Congo fever this year
                                October 03, 2016Print : Karachi

35-year-old Samina from Hyderabad was admitted to JPMC on Sunday morning; 71 cases
                                of Congo fever now confirmed in city this year

The number of Congo fever victims in the city rose to nine on Sunday as a Hyderabad native brought to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for treatment died of the tick-borne viral haemorrhagic disease.

Senior JPMC official Dr Seemi Jamali identified the victim as 35-year-old Samina, a resident of Hyderabad, and said she had been admitted to the facility in the morning. She said Samina was vomiting blood and had high fever and tests conducted at the Aga Khan University Hospital confirmed she was suffering from Congo fever.
                                35-year-old Samina from Hyderabad was admitted to JPMC on Sunday morning; 71 cases of Congo fever now confirmed in city this year The number of Congo fever victims in the city rose to nine on...

Comment

Working...
                                X