X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan CCHF 2015, 2016

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:48
    Congo Virus Spreads through Afghanistan, Claims 10 More Lives

TEHRAN (FNA)- At least six women and four men have so far died of fatal Congo virus in Western Herat as the province saw 32 suspected cases over the past two months, provincial health officials said.
    The Crimean?Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus have been recently reported and confirmed by health officials in Kabul, Herat, Nangarhar, Helmand and Nuristan provinces, Tolonews reported.

However Herat Public Health Department officials said the infectious disease was not new in Herat and it has spread dramatically through the province.

‎According to officials, each year dozens of residents suspected to have Congo virus were being shifted ‎to the Herat Regional Hospital.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

12 die Of Congo fever last year
    in e-Afghanistan 2016-09-12 04:31:46 33 Views

KABUL (Tolo News): The Ministry of Public Health said Saturday that at least 12 people have died from Congo Fever in Afghanistan in the past year and that 71 cases of the disease have been reported across the country in that time.
    Last week the ministry, along with the ministry of agriculture, irrigation and livestock, the World Health Organizatin (WHO) and the Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) issued a warning to the public about the disease particularly over Eid.
    In a press release issued by the authorities, they said Congo Fever is primarily transmitted to people from ticks or through contact with infected animal blood or tissues during and immediately after slaughter.
    This is of particular concern over Eid-al-Adha as hundreds of thousands of people will be slaughtering animals and the risk of the virus transmission is expected to increase.
    ISLAMABAD (APP): The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday adjourned hearing in a presidential reference seeking opinion on open balloting for the upcoming Senate elections till Thursday. A five-member …
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

58 Cases Of Congo Fever In Herat In 4 Months
      Tuesday, 20 September 2016 19:06
      Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 September 2016 12:32
      Written by Jawid Ziaratjaie

Officials in Herat said on Tuesday that 58 people have been infected with Congo Fever in the province over the past four months, of which five people have died.

The head of Herat public hospital, Mir Ibrahim, said they are equipped to treat patients that are admitted to the health center.

"We had five deaths from the disease, because all of them visited the hospital very late ? three to four days after the bleeding phase. If this happens, doctors will not be able to address their problem," he said.

Comment

Working...
      X