• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimean Congo fever kills 3 in Iran

Crimean Congo fever kills one in Iran
    20 JUNE 2015, 18:08 (GMT+05:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, June 20

By Umid Niayesh - Trend:

One person has died of the Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in Iran?s northern Mazandaran province.

The CCHF is a widespread tick-borne viral disease that affects domestic and wild animals and may also be transmitted to humans.

A 29-year old man from Chalous, Mazandaran province was died from the CCHF, Ghasem Jan Babaei, head of the Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences said, Iran?s ISNA news agency reported June 20.
    One person has died of the Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in Iran’s northern Mazandaran province.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever claims 3 lives in Iran
    HomeOthersSociety Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:5PM

Iranian officials have confirmed that three people have died of the Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), as the contagious disease makes a return to the country riding on a new heatwave.

Mohammad Reza Shirzadi, an official in Iran?s Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME), said Wednesday that the deaths have been recorded in the western province of Kermanshah, Khorasan Razavi in the northeast and Mazandaran Province in the north.

He added a total of nine people have been diagnosed with the disease since the current Iranian calendar year started on March 21, according to Fars News Agency.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X