• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan: 2015 Crimean-Congo Fever

Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1182368/cat...of-congo-fever

Cattle pen owner dies of Congo fever
    The Newspaper's Staff Reporter ? Published 20 minutes ago

KARACHI: An owner of a cattle pen in the Cattle Colony died of Congo Crimean Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) on Saturday, the first death in Sindh because of the deadly tick-borne virus this year, officials said.

Sabir Majeed, 37, was admitted to a private hospital with a severe fever, shortness of breath and haemorrhage two days before he was pronounced dead by doctors on Saturday...

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/nationa...es-in-peshawar

Two new Congo Virus cases surfaces in Peshawar
    INP
    June 23, 2015, 4:28 pm

PESHAWAR ? Two new Congo virus cases were detected in the provincial capital, Peshawar on Tuesday while nine blood samples were sent to Islamabad...

Comment

Suspected Congo virus patient arrives at hospital
      AAMIR YASIN ? PUBLISHED about 10 hours ago

RAWALPINDI: A woman suspected of suffering from Congo virus was admitted to the Holy Family Hospital (HFH) on Tuesday.

The Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) patient was brought from Kallar Kahar in Chakwal with symptoms making the doctors suspect she is suffering from the virus.

?The patient?s condition is improving fast,? said Dr Javed Hayyat, the doctor in charge of the infectious diseases ward at HFH.
      RAWALPINDI: A woman suspected of suffering from Congo virus was admitted to the Holy Family Hospital (HFH) on...
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Congo Fever Patient Dies In Peshawar Hospital

PESHAWAR: A patient, contracted Crimean-Congo Viral Haemorrhagic Fever (CCVHF), was died in a Peshawar hospital on Saturday.
        According to reports, three Congo fever patients were admitted to Hayatabad Medical Complex on Friday.
        - See more at: http://www.khybernews.tv/newsDetails....iLfoTAed.dpuf
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://tribune.com.pk/story/956822/h...-virus-feared/

Health concerns: Outbreak of Congo virus feared
          By Our Correspondent / Photo: Waseem Nazir
          Published: September 15, 2015

ISLAMABAD:
          The free movement of sacrificial animals in populated areas can spread the Congo virus, fear health officials.

They have demanded the government to take immediate measures to prevent an outbreak in the twin cities.

Local health officials suggest that sacrificial animals must be kept in quarantine or designated places declared as cattle markets around Eidul Azha instead of allowing cattle traders to take them into streets and populated areas freely.

They also expressed apprehensions that the virus can spread in the twin cities through sacrificial animals brought from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa...

Comment

Two Congo virus cases surface in Peshawar
            Islamabad National NewsSEPTEMBER 12, 2015 BY STAFF REPORT
            Congo-virus-fever-patient-treatments-Crimean-Congo-haemorrhagic-fever-CCHF
            Two persons were diagnosed with the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus in Peshawar on Saturday.

The patients were shifted to Hayatabad Medical Complex. Twelve-year old Tabish hails from Peshawar while Manzoor Khan is a resident of Kohat.

Congo fever patient dies in Nishtar Hospital
            Balochistan Pakistan Top Stories2 days ago
            Congo fever patient dies in Nishtar Hospital | Thenewstribe.com

A 50-year-old patient from Balochistan died as a result of the virus in the hospital. He was under treatment from last 10 days.

Comment

Another Congo virus patient dies in Quetta, death toll reaches 15
              Last Updated On 06 October,2015 About 5 hours ago

Nine Congo virus patients are still under treatment at different hospitals.
              QUETTA (Dunya News) ? Another case of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus has died in Quetta today (Tuesday), taking death toll to 15 in the country.

Comment

Congo fever patient dies in Peshawar

21 HOURS AGO BY STAFF REPORT

A female patient of Congo virus died at Hayatabad Medical Complex here on Tuesday while 32 other patients are under treatment.

According to hospital administration, Paree Gul, 21, was admitted to the Complex on Monday in critical condition and expired on Tuesday during the treatment.

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
                -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Working...
                X