• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dominican Republic: cholera speading - more deaths confirmed

Source: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...cholera-deaths

Local - 26 March 2011, 8:27 AM

Dominican health authorities report seven cholera deaths

Santo Domingo.? With the death of a 43-year-old woman in Pedernales, 330 kilometers west of Santo Domingo, the cholera outbreak in the Dominican Republic brings the total to seven deaths, while the number of infected people reaches 650...

Comment

Spanish to English translation

Cholera affected woman dies in Pedernales

Doris Pantaleon
      Santo Domingo
      A woman of 43 years died in the province of Pedernales as a result of cholera in the province in recent weeks where an outbreak of disease due to contamination of a water supply.

With this death, add up to seven deaths in the country since the epidemic began last November, to date. In the last week the Ministry of Public Health reported the record of 61 confirmed cases of the disease in different parts of the country.

Although yesterday the cholera outbreak was controlled in flints, medical authorities in the region reported that there were times in one afternoon there were 127 patients suspected of the disease, who were treated to avoid dehydration.

Reported that the problem was identified, reported to the authorities that are responsible for water control and corrected.

Public Health points out that last week was the greatest number of cholera cases recorded since the beginning of the epidemic. Cholera is a disease caused by contamination with a bacterium and is characterized by profuse diarrhea and dehydration result in those who contract it.

The new cases were recorded in Pedernales, in the provinces Santiago, San Cristobal, Azua, Monte Cristy and La Romana, including in prisons and Azua Najayo.

Comment

Man's death from cholera in La Cienaga increasing concern outbreak

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic .- A man of 98 years and resident in The Swamp, in this capital, which reported an outbreak of cholera, has died in hospital Lu?s Eduardo Aybar, center next to the Moscoso Puello, is packed with patients with symptoms of the disease.

The disease has become a nightmare in the neighborhood of La Cienega.

Community leaders there say that with the death of John Damian, 98 years, there are eight deaths from the disease.

Only in the Cholera Unit enabled the Luis Eduardo Aybar Hospital has 15 patients suspected of this disease, most of them from La Cienega. While in the Moscoso Puello, there are three cases.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Public Health says there is no confirmed deaths in the sector, while at the same location investigating the death of a patient of 85 years

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...as-cases-mount

Dominican Republic declares cholera alert as cases mount
          Published On Mon May 16 2011
          Associated Press

SANTO DOMINGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?A wave of new cholera cases has prompted the Dominican Republic?s Health Ministry to declare a state of alert in 17 neighbourhoods in the capital.

Doctors are out in force looking for people with symptoms of the waterborne disease. Vice Minister of Health Jose Rodriguez said Monday that 16 people are hospitalized with suspected cholera. He says all are in stable condition but there have been two deaths in recent days...

Comment

Chinese to English translation

Dominican cholera outbreak has caused 12 deaths
            May 17, 2011 17:51:59 Zhejiang Online news site

Xinhua Santo Domingo May 16 (Xinhua Liu Guoqiang) 16, said the Dominican government, the past two weeks, where the cholera epidemic in the capital Santo Domingo province and was the northern province of spread of 蒙特普拉塔 and caused at least 12 people were killed.

Dominican government announced the same day said that with the increasing cases of cholera infection, Santo Domingo Province and 蒙特普拉塔 province has high alert.

Last October, an outbreak of cholera neighboring Haiti has spread to the Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic was more than 800 cases of cholera cases reported, including 22 deaths; while Haiti reported over 280,000 cases of cholera cases, of which nearly 5,000 people died.
            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/...a_8480993.html

Associated Press
              Cholera spreads to nearly all Dominican provinces
              Associated Press, 05.23.11, 04:48 PM EDT

Snip:

...Deputy Health Minister Jose Rodriguez says there have been 1,143 cases of cholera and 14 deaths since the outbreak began in November. The number of new cases reported Monday is up about 50 percent since the middle of May.

The Dominican physicians union says cases have been confirmed in 28 of the country's 32 provinces. The situation may worsen with the onset of the hurricane season in June...

Comment

Cholera kills 23 people in Dominican Republic
                Tags: Society, World, cholera, News
                May 27, 2011 12:28 Moscow Time

At least 23 people have died of cholera in the Dominican Republic since November last year, which saw an outbreak of the disease.

About 1,300 people have contracted cholera since the November outbreak, a local paper says citing the country?s health officials

Comment

Cholera death toll reaches 30 in Dominican Republic
                  Print Email Bookmark Save to my profile 11 Comments - last on May 28 at 1:04 PM
                  Close Gallery

Zoom Picture Santo Domingo.? Nearly 30 people have died of cholera in the Dominican Republic and at least another 5,000 have been infected following last year's massive outbreak in Haiti, said Senen Caba, the head of the Dominican Medical College.

However, the health ministry said in its latest toll that the number of deaths is 23 while only 1,288 have been infected.

Health Minister Bautista Rojas told the press he expects a rise in cases in the coming three to four weeks. He also confirmed that two new laboratories have been installed for detecting the disease.

Comment

German to English translation

Current status of cholera in the Dominican Republic: [34] dead
                    Saturday, 04 June 2011 at 13:29 clock

Santo Domingo .- In the last week (Monday-Friday), the Ministry of Health has registered 143 new Cholerafaelle and also 3 deaths.

Among the dead is a citizen of Haiti, and two Dominicans, including a child aged one year. As was announced in the official press note from the Health Ministry, since the first appearance of cholera in the Dominican Republic in November 2010 to date, a total 34 people died from the bacterial infection. It is the 21th epidemiological week, the last three deaths this week, can still raise a further since some cases are still under investigation.

There were more deaths of people suffering from diarrhea, but the cause of death is still unclear. The victims are 18 year old Haitian and a 52 year old Dominican from the region of Santo Domingo West. When the baby is a resident of Guaymate, La Romana.

Of the 143 infected 78% are from the National District and the Province of Santo Domingo. The remaining infections is reported from San Pedro de Macoris and San Cristobal, in the latter place is the very active cholera. The highest number of cholera deaths there in Santiago and in the National District (6 each), province of Santo Domingo (4), Indepedencia (3), two deaths were in Elias Pina, Puerto Plata, La Romana and San Pedro de Macoris registered. reported in the provinces of Pedernales, San Cristobal, San Juan de la Maguana and Valverde each 1 case of death.

It fits the Dominican information policy that would yield a summary of only 31 deaths. However, there were 34 deaths officially. For example, missing at least two deaths from the province of La Altagracia. In Higuey, there was the first death and another during the holiday of the Virgin of La Altagracia.

Comment

TeleSUR last 10 hours

In the Dominican Republic up to 36 deaths from cholera

A total of 36 deaths from cholera in the Dominican Republic. (Photo: cubadebate.com)

Deepen control prevention of cholera in the Dominican Republic

OPS warns of cholera epidemic in Haiti could reach Dominican Republic

Those killed by the cholera outbreak in the Dominican Republic rose to 36 in the last two weeks on Thursday reported the latest newsletter of the Ministry of Health of that country.

On 23 May, the Dominican authorities reported 23 deaths and 288 thousand infected, but since then, confirmed cases of infection rose to 563 thousand.

These figures show that in the last week, there were 132 infections, most in the National District and the provinces of Santo Domingo (south), San Crist?bal (west) and San Pedro de Macoris (east), the ministry said . While in the previous week another 143 were confirmed infected in different parts of the country, he added.

Official data also reveals that this week killed two people, one of whom was a minor.

With the increasing number of deaths and infections of cholera, the Ministry reported that several State agencies continue to strengthen the prevention and control of the disease. Recently, it restricted the sale of drinking water and street food to prevent the spread of the disease among its inhabitants.

Cholera arrived in the Dominican in November 2010 from the neighboring country of Haiti, where the epidemic has already killed over four thousand 850 people.

Recently, health authorities in the country restricted the sale of drinking water and street food to prevent the spread of the disease among its inhabitants.

On 17 May, the Dominican government declared a state of alert in 17 vecinderios of capital to the spread of cholera.

Comment

Cholera deaths at 46
                        Jun 17, 2011 07:30 Moscow Time

The number of victims of cholera in the Dominican Republic has risen to 46. The total number of those infected since November 2010 has exceeded one and a half thousand people.

The Ministry of Health reports that in recent days, 65 new cases were registered

Comment

Source: http://www.570news.com/news/world/ar...to-at-least-48

2 more deaths from cholera in Dominican Republic bring toll to at least 48
                          The Associated Press Jun 20, 2011 20:45:00 PM

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Health authorities in the Dominican Republic say cholera has killed two more people, bringing the death toll from the disease to at least 48 people in the country.

The Ministry of Health said the latest victims were a 29-year-old man and a 63-year-old man. The ministry said in a statement Monday that the deaths occurred over the weekend in Santiago, about 93 miles (150 kilometres) north of the capital...

Comment

Cholera death toll reaches 50, Dominican health authorities say

Santo Domingo.? The death toll of the raging cholera epidemic in the Dominican Republic has reached 50, while the number of those infected since November last year has exceeded 1,725, the Health Ministry reported Friday.

Only last week doctors have registered 64 fresh cases. The ministry is continuing its epidemiological research and response, which included improving water quality and sanitation services, and public awareness campaigns on prevention.

Comment

Re: Honduras: H1N1 kills three pregnant women

I believe this should be in the Dominican Republic thread.
                              "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

3/7/2011

Killed by cholera and rose to 56 and the inside 58 suspected of infection

10:30 PM - continue to increase in public hospitals in the capital, Santo Domingo cholera cases where in the last few hours have joined 58 others suspected of being infected by the disease, while up to 56 and the amount of dead. In Luis Eduardo Aybar Hospital are admitted 28 adults and five children, while in the Hospital Francisco Moscoso Puello 22, eight of them entered during the Sunday morning, while in Santo Socorro Hospital for suspected cholera internal 3 But ni?os.Sin Public Health Minister Bautista Rojas Gomez, only confirms the existence of 45 cases in the three hospitals mentioned above and 56 confirmed deaths.

In another vein, the official referred to the agreement signed last Friday between the National Association of Private Clinics (ANDECLIP) with the Superintendent of Health and Safety at Work, SILSARIL and National Health Insurance, SENASA. In this regard, Dr. Rojas Gomez said that will take the decision to take the parties to conclude the 30-day deadline for compliance with the agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X