Link to 2018 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...a-cholera-2018

Regional Cholera platforms: http://plateformecholera.info/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESARCholera.png
Views:	172
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	806537

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Views:	116
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	808567
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

2019 CHOLERA BULLETINS

The latest bulletin for cholera outbreaks is as of 5 March 2019
      Highlights Approximately, 1,681 cholera / AWD cases including 13 deaths have been reported in 7 out of the 21 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESAR); with an average Case Fatality Rate of 0.8%, since the beginning of 2019. These countries include; Angola, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia, Uganda and Zimbabwe. Apart from Kenya, outbreaks from the rest of the countries spilled over from 2018. Kenya accounts for 51.3 % (863) of the total case load reported this year, followed by Somalia at 31.2% (524). Highest Case Fatality Rates (CFR) in 2019 have been recorded in Zimbabwe (6.2%), Uganda (5.7%) and Tanzania (2.9%).
      Of the 7 countries with reported cholera / AWD outbreaks in ESAR since week 1 of 2019, 5 (Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Burundi) have ongoing cholera outbreaks. During the week under review, Somalia reported the highest number of new cases (61 cases).
      Somalia: An increase in the epidemic trend has been noted in the last two weeks. During week 8 (week ending 24 February 2019), 61 new cases were reported from Banadir Region compared to 43 cases reported in week 7 (week ending 17 February 2019). Cumulatively a total of 524 cases with no deaths have been reported since the beginning of 2019. All cases emerged from the following districts in Banadir region including; Hamra Jabja (15; Attack Rate 0.02), Shingani (15; Attack Rate 0.03), Karaan (9; Attack Rate 0.0) and Hawlwadag (8; Attack Rate 0.01). Majority (59%) of the recorded cases in week 7 and 8 were children Under five years.
      Kenya: A decline in the epidemic trend has been noted in the last two weeks. During week 8, 19 new cases were reported compared to 42 cases including 1 death (CFR, 2.4%) reported in week 7. These new cases emerged from Kajiado County. Cumulatively, a total of 863 cases with 34 confirmed and 3 deaths (CFR, 0.4%) have been reported since the onset of the latest wave of the cholera outbreak on 2 January 2019. Risks of transmission have been amplified by; unfavourable behaviours such as open defecation, inadequate or no sanitation coverage, over reliance on already contaminated EWASO Nyiro river for domestic water supply and lack of alternative water sources.
      Zimbabwe: An additional 3 cholera cases were reported from Murehwa (2) and Mt. Darwin (1) districts during epidemiological week 8. The same number of cases (3 cases) were reported during the previous week - epidemiological week 7. Cumulatively, a total of 10,722 cases including 69 deaths have been reported since the beginning of the outbreak on 5 September 2018. Of these, a total of 65 (0.6%) cases and 4 (5.8%) deaths have been reported since the beginning of 2019. Cases reported since the beginning of 2019 have emerged from, 6 out of 10 provinces in Zimbabwe including; Mashonaland East (40), Mashonaland Central (16), Masvingo (5), Midlands (2), Manicaland (1), and Matabeleland South (1).
      Tanzania: A decline in the epidemic trend has been noted in the last two weeks. During week 8, 7 new cases including 1 death (CFR, 14.3%) were reported compared to 12 cases reported in week 7. This raises the total number of cholera cases reported since the beginning of 2019 to 70, including 2 deaths (CFR, 2.9 %). New cases emerged from Simanjiro district in Manyara region (6 cases) and Korogwe district in Tanga region (1 Case). The one case that was reported in Korogwe district died. Cumulatively a total of 33,391 cases including 552 deaths have been reported since the beginning of the outbreak in August 2015.
      Burundi: The new outbreak which was declared on 28 December 2018 has been on a natural decline in the past 3 weeks (Week 6 to week 8). During week 8, 1 new case was reported from Cibitoke compared to 2 cases reported in week 7. Cumulatively, as of 25 February 2019, a total of 189 cases including 2 deaths (CFR, 1.1%) were reported since the beginning of the outbreak. The outbreak was attributed to heavy rains that led to flooding in the coastal areas of Lake Tanganyika.
      Urban - Rural Disaggregation of Cholera Cases
      An analysis of cholera cases reported since the beginning of 2019 from five countries (Angola, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe) reveals that overall, rural areas account for 81.6 % (872 cases) of the total caseload while urban areas account for the remaining 18.4% (197 cases). All cases reported in Zimbabwe (65) and Tanzania (70) emerged from rural areas; while all cases reported in Uganda (53) and Angola (19) emerged from urban areas. 85.5% (737) of cases reported in Kenya emerged from rural areas and the remaining 14.5% (125) emerged from urban areas.
      https://www.platefor.mywhc.ca/index....lera-bulletins

Comment

2019 CHOLERA BULLETINS

The latest bulletin for cholera outbreaks is as of 18 March 2019
        Highlights
        More than 1,810 cholera / AWD cases including 14 deaths have been reported in 8 out of the 21 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESAR); with an average Case Fatality Rate of 0.8%, since the beginning of 2019. These countries include; Angola, Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Somalia, Uganda and Zimbabwe. Kenya accounts for 49.2 % (890) of the total case load reported this year, followed by Somalia at 31.4% (569). Highest Case Fatality Rates (CFR) in 2019 have been recorded in Uganda (5.7%) and Zimbabwe (5.1%).
        Of the 8 countries with reported cholera / AWD outbreaks in ESAR since week 1 of 2019, 4 (Somalia, Tanzania, Kenya and Zimbabwe) have ongoing cholera outbreaks. During the week under review, Somalia reported the highest number of new cases (45 cases).
        Somalia: A decline in the epidemic trend has been noted in the last two weeks. During week 9 (week ending 3 March 2019), 45 new cases were reported from Banadir Region compared to 61 cases reported in week 8 (week ending 24 February 2019). Cumulatively a total of 569 cases with no deaths have been reported since the beginning of 2019. The following Banadir districts have recorded the highest case numbers since the start of the year; Madina (14; Attack Rate 0.02), Hodan (9; Attack Rate 0.01), Deynile (9; Attack Rate 0.01) and Darkenley (8; Attack Rate 0.01). 65% of the new cases recorded in week 9 were children Under five years.
        Tanzania: An increase in the epidemic trend has been noted in the last two weeks. During week 11 (week ending 17 March 2019), 23 new cases were reported compared to 9 cases reported in week 10 (week ending 10 March 2019). This raises the total number of cholera cases reported since the beginning of 2019 to 106, including 2 deaths (CFR, 1.9 %). All new cases emerged from Tanga region in the following areas; Korogwe TC (16), Korogwe DC (5) and Handeni DC (2). Cumulatively a total of 33,437 cases including 552 deaths have been reported since the beginning of the outbreak in August 2015.
        Kenya: Cumulatively, a total of 890 cases including 4 deaths (CFR, 0.4%) have been reported since the beginning of 2019. These cases emerged from four counties; Kajiado (582), Narok (181 incuding 4 deaths), Narobi (125) and Garissa (2). During the week under review, Garissa County reported a new outbreak in Hagadera refugee camp where 2 cases including 1 confirmed have been reported. Narok County reported a 2nd wave of the outbreak this year. The index case was reported on 3 March 2019 and since then, a total of 9 cases with 3 confirmed and 1 death have been reported.
        Zimbabwe: An additional 4 cholera cases were reported during epidemiological week 10 from the following districts; Shamva district in Mashonaland Central province (2) and UMP district in Mashonaland East province (2). The same number of cases (4 cases) were reported during the previous week - epidemiological week 9. Cumulatively, a total of 10,730 cases including 69 deaths have been reported since the beginning of the outbreak on 5 September 2018. Of these, a total of 79 (0.7%) cases and 4 (5.8%) deaths have been reported since the beginning of 2019. Cases reported since the beginning of 2019 have emerged from, 6 out of 10 provinces in Zimbabwe including; Mashonaland East (42), Mashonaland Central (23), Midlands (11), Masvingo (1), Mashonaland West (1) and Manicaland (1).
        Urban - Rural Disaggregation of Cholera Cases
        An analysis of cholera cases reported since the beginning of 2019 from six countries (Angola, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe) reveals that overall, rural areas account for 80.9 % (1,164 cases) of the total caseload while urban areas account for the remaining 19.1% (222 cases). All cases reported in Uganda (53) and Angola (19) emerged from urban areas. Majority of the cases (86%; 765) reported in Kenya emerged from rural areas as compared to urban areas (14%;125). Likewise, more cases emerged from rural areas as compared to urban areas in Tanzania (80.2%), Zimbabwe (98.7%) and Malawi (85.7%).
        http://plateformecholera.info/index....lera-bulletins

Comment

Views:	99
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	810653

Comment

Views:	106
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	811487

Comment

Views:	96
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	812094

Comment

Views:	100
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	812945

Comment

Views:	81
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	813565

Comment

Views:	54
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	814051

Comment

Working...
                    X