Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angola: 2018 Cholera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angola: 2018 Cholera

    Source: http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?o...olera-outbreak


    26 Dead in Angola Due to Cholera Outbreak

    Luanda, Aug 12 (Prensa Latina) Cholera has left 26 dead and 1,450 cases so far this year in several provinces of Angola, said the national director of Public Health, Isilda Neves, quoted today by the main news reports.

    Such announcements were made by the official on Saturday when she spearheaded the start of a campaign against cholera and malaria (the leading cause of death in the country) in the municipality of Funda, in the capital of Cacuaco, as part of an initiative of the Maiombe Environmental Network.

    Neves said that up to June 20 deaths were reported (in 1,370 cases) and in Luanda during July and so far in August there have been 13 positive cases (80 suspects) and six deaths.

    Besides the capital, Cabinda, Zaire, Uige and Cuanza North are affected...


  • #2
    Source: http://www.angop.ao/angola/en_us/not...530b50565.html


    Tue, 20 Nov 2018 16:16 - Updated Tue, 20 Nov 2018 16:16
    Cholera claims fifteen lives in ten months in Uíge

    Uíge - At least fifteen people died from cholera in Uíge province in the last ten months from the 1,500 cases of this disease reported in the region, said the director of the Provincial Health Office in Uíge, Madalena Diogo.

    According to the official, from December 2017 to June of this year, 899 cases were registered by the health authorities, causing thirteen deaths. As early as September of this year, with the outbkrea of the disease, there have been 156 cases and two deaths to date, totaling 1,055 cases...

    Comment

    Working...
    X