• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. study suggests breast cancer, hair products link

https://africatimes.com/2019/12/08/u...products-link/
    U.S. study suggests breast cancer, hair products link

By AT editor - 8 December 2019 at 2:25 am
    esearchers in the United States say they’ve found a link between breast cancer risk and the use of hair dyes and straighteners, especially among African American women.

The National Institutes of Health study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, was drawn from data on 46,709 women enrolled in the Sister Study conducted by an NIH agency. Women who used permanent hair dyes routinely in the year before enrolling were 9 percent more likely to develop breast cancer than women who didn’t.

Among African American women, using permanent dyes every five to eight weeks or more was associated with a 60 percent increased risk of breast cancer, far more than the 8 percent increased risk for white women.

There was little to no increased risk with other types of dyes, but that wasn’t the case with chemical straighteners...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X