Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - 8 Horses Die of Equine Flu

Alleged 8 Egyptians infected with bird horses
    8 Egyptians infected with equine influenza.
    Hat-tip Helblindi at PFI:

29/Apr/09

Denied yesterday by Dr. Ibrahim BHANDARE director of preventive medicine General Authority for Veterinary Services of the Ministry of Agriculture reports about the presence of human cases of avian horses.

The professor, Dr. Muhammad Farooq diagnostic laboratory in the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Assiut confirmed the presence of 8 human cases of horse flu in the province, the lake. And warned of what he described as a real disaster.

Dr. BHANDARE by operations room body veterinarian's best to follow the daily movement of the virus in the provinces. The sampling of the lake and the oases of Kafr el-Sheikh and Wadi Natrun show integrity and denied. BHANDARE was echoed by Dr. Mohamed Farouk the possibility of transmission of influenza virus cats to humans through bird. He said that possibility does not exist. And Dr Mohammad Farooq to the spread of equine influenza virus in Egypt by 20% between horses.

He also pointed to the spread of the disease governorates in Lower Egypt, more than Upper Egypt, especially in provinces: West Lake, Alexandria, Dakahlia The rates of death due to influenza horses per 3% only.

I chuckled when I first read the translation, we were all worried about the day pigs flew and the next thing we know we have flying horses. Pegasus is back, with the flu...
    Last edited by Rocky; May 8, 2009, 10:36 PM. Reason: fixed link - it is a picture of a horse.

Re: Egypt - 8 Suspected Infected with (?) Flu

I'm not sure how to post a picture... test
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Egypt - 8 Horses Die of Suspected Equine Flu

Equine Influenza Thread Egypt 2008:

Comment

Re: Egypt - 8 Horses Die of Equine Flu

Thanks Florida,

This points out another dangerous twist of having the bird and swine flu coming together in Egypt

what if it didn't kill humans, but wiped out the livestock...

no pigs
        no cows
        no chickens or turkeys...

This virus doesn't have to kill directly, but could through starvation

I couldn't imagine surviving on carrots instead of a big ol Juicy steak or burger...

does anyone know if the pigs dumped in the rivers in Georgia ever affected or killed the fish?

Comment

Working...
        X