Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt - Kafr El-Sheikh, 3 new suspect cases of H5N1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - Kafr El-Sheikh, 3 new suspect cases of H5N1.

Kafr El-Sheikh .. الاشتباه في إصابة 3 بإنفلونزا الطيور Suspicion of injuring 3 bird flu [13/01/2011][19:51 مكة المكرمة] [13/01/2011] [19:51 Mecca]

التطعيمات لم تمنع من استمرار انتشار إنفلونزا الطيور في مصر Vaccination did not prevent the continued spread of avian flu in Egypt
    كفر الشيخ- أحمد المصري: Kafr El-Sheikh - Egyptian Ahmed:

احتجز مستشفى الصدر بكفر الشيخ 3 حالات للاشتباه في إصابتها بفيروس إنفلونزا الطيور؛ وذلك بعد وصولهم إلى المستشفى يعانون من أعراض المرض من ارتفاعٍ في درجة الحرارة وسعالٍ شديدٍ وضيقٍ في التنفس. Held Chest Hospital Kafr El-Sheikh 3 cases of suspicion of being infected with bird flu; after their arrival to the hospital suffering from symptoms of high fever and severe cough and shortness of breath.

وقامت إدارة المستشفى بأخذ عينات من المصابين عن طريق مسحةٍ من حلق الزور لإرسالها إلى معامل وزارة الصحة المركزية بالقاهرة؛ لبيان مدى إصابتهم بالمرض من عدمه. The Department of the hospital to take samples from infected by a tinge of false shaving to be sent to the laboratories of the Ministry of Health central Cairo; to the extent of illness or not.

يُذكر أن إنفلونزا الطيور والإنفلونزا المستجدة أدَّت إلى وفاة حالتين منذ بداية الشتاء الحالي في كفر الشيخ، بالإضافة إلى ظهور نحو40 حالة إيجابية، وعشرات من حالات الاشتباه شُفي معظمها، وما زالت بعض الحالات تخضع للعلاج. The avian flu and emerging flu led to the deaths of two cases since the beginning of this winter in Kafr El-Sheikh, in addition to the emergence of about 40 positive cases, and dozens of suspected cases cured most of them, some cases are still under treatment.

Re: Egypt - Kafr El-Sheikh, 3 new suspect cases of H5N1.

Thanks Twall. Could you clarify that last sentence.

Does it refer to A/H1N1 for the numerous suspected cases that have been treated and released?

Comment

Sorry, i saw this then forgot to reply. Yes thats also what my assumption is as to the meaning,(based on all i have read) as more governorates are officially going the route of implementing treatment first. then testing to support use of medication's.I think this concept could or should reduce the high numbers of deaths that were initially occurring.

Two from my family just went today to visit one of the local hospitals as they are both in the high risk groups one has trouble breathing and a mild cough with some pain in the chest.They were told treatment is free at the hospital and if the case is sever or at risk to expect to be detained and treated within the hospital.But if it's presents as mild expect to be giving free of charge Tami-flu a vacination if needed and asked to remain isolated within the comfort of their own home.

Comment

Thanks Twall. So if you are a suspected A/H1N1 or H5N1 patient, with mild symptoms, the hospitals are giving you tamiflu and sending you home pending test results?

If you are a suspected A/H1N1 or H5N1 patient, with moderate or severe symptoms you are admitted to the hospital for treatment and testing?

Comment

home isolation and treatment is only for H1N1 infections which are mild and or not at immediate risk or expected to be.

H5n1 suspect cases are being treated then quarantined tested and isolated within hospitals only.

Comment

Working...
          X