Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt - MoH reports 1 new H5N1 bird flu case and "healing" of 4 cases - March 22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - MoH reports 1 new H5N1 bird flu case and "healing" of 4 cases - March 22, 2015

Health: injury to a child infected with bird flu Sharqia

Sunday 22 / March / 2015 - 15:16
    Ministry of Health
    Faten Khedive
    Announced the Ministry of Health confirmed cases virus-bird "H5N1" flu case, a child 4 years of the province of East.

As of Health announced healing and exit of four confirmed cases of bird flu, and they are:

(a lady of 32 years old from the province of Kafr el-Sheikh, and 3 cases from the eastern province of them

an old man of 50 years, and

two women, aged 32, from the eastern province also),

bringing the total number of cases receiving treatment at hospitals and the Ministry of Health avian influenza 5 cases. The Ministry of Health calls citizens who deal with poultry to go immediately to the nearest hospital for medical service in the case of the emergence of symptoms of influenza them; as receiving infected bird flu drug Tamiflu within the first 24 hours of the onset of symptoms increases the cure rates of the disease and reduces the rates of death. advises the Ministry of Health of citizens, who are dealing with poultry exercise caution and prudence when dealing with birds; especially that shows the symptoms and the need to take preventive measures to prevent infection, such as covering the mouth and nose when dealing with poultry, wash your hands with soap and water after handling birds and not to take children to places of birds breeding or slaughter, as well as the necessity of birds separation for living quarters.

أعلنت وزارة الصحة عن إصابة حالة مؤكدة بڤيروس أنفلونزا الطيور "H5N1"، وهى لطفلة 4 سنوات من محافظة الشرقية.

machine translation

I will add the new case to the case list.

I have no idea if the "healed" cases are new, or are included in the FAO report here dated March 16, 2015. I will make a note on the list.

Also please see:

Egypt - MoH update on 3 cases - March 19, 2015 link

Egypt - MoH announces H5N1 bird flu case update on 3 cases - March 18, 2015 link

Comment

Working...
    X