Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt - Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Human: 1 New H5N1 Case in Dakhalia (FAO, March 19 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Human: 1 New H5N1 Case in Dakhalia (FAO, March 19 2012)

[Source: FAO, full page: http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/2/o...k=169290&rss=t - WARNING: At the time of posting the above URL does not work properly because of a fault on the FAO site. Readers are invited to try later. (IOH).]

18/03/2012:

Egypt - Highly pathogenic avian influenza

Confirmed Highly pathogenic avian influenza in Al Daqahliyah (dakahlia), for human

(...)

-
    -----

Re: Egypt - Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Human: 1 New H5N1 Case in Dakhalia (FAO, March 19 2012)

Thanks Giuseppe. I have been trying to log for a couple of hours. As soon as we can get access I will update our H5N1 charts for Egypt and Global spread.

Comment

Re: Egypt - Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Human: 1 New H5N1 Case in Dakhalia (FAO, March 19 2012)

[Source: World Health Organization, full text: (LINK). Edited.]
      Avian influenza ? situation in Egypt ? update

19 March 2012

The Ministry of Health and Population of Egypt has notified WHO of a new cases of human infection with avian influenza A (H5N1) virus.

The case is a 40 year-old female from Dakahlia Governorate. She developed symptoms on 6 March 2012, was hospitalised on 12 March 2012. She was in critical condition and received oseltamivir upon admission. She died on 15 March 2012.

The case was laboratory confirmed by the Central Public Health Laboratories(NIC).

Investigations into the source of infection indicate that the case had exposure to sick backyard poultry.

Of the 164 cases confirmed to date in Egypt, 58 have been fatal.
      - ------

Comment

Working...
      X