Egypt: Ministry of Health - Update, Confirmed Human Cases of H5N1 avian influenza virus infections since 2006
As for May 9 2011
The Egyptian Ministry of Health releases an update about cumulative number of human A(H5N1) avian influenza virus infections.
The number of cases and fatalities remains the same since the last update (April 28 2011, see FluTrackers.com (LINK)).
The figures are the following:
- Cumulative Number of Confirmed Human Bird Flu Cases In Egypt (since 2006): 143 (*)
- Cumulative Number of Fatal Cases (since 2006): 47 (**)
- Patients discharged from hospital after recovery: 96 (***)
- (*) Confirmed cases (since 2006): 143
- (**) Cumulative Number of Deaths: 47
Since the start of 2011, Egypt notified to the WHO (April 21 2011)(LINK), 24 H5N1 human cases with 7 deaths.