No announcement yet.

Citizen cooperation & vigilance credited with keeping Ebola out of Ivory Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen cooperation & vigilance credited with keeping Ebola out of Ivory Coast

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsod...-coast-mindset
    No Ebola, S'il Vous Plait, We're French: The Ivory Coast Mindset
    October 29, 2014 5:23 PM ET Gregory Warner

These are all government directives in place since March. Government can't be everywhere in every village, but Traore believes that the people of the Ivory Coast are following orders.

Adjoua Martine traveled 74 miles to attend this training. She's a farmer of cocoa and rubber trees who lives in a small forest hamlet called Brokoua...
    If Ivory Coast has turned itself into a nation of spies and informers, Coulibaly says that's a good thing, even if every Ebola alert so far has turned out to be just a rumor.

People will often call to say, "Well, I haven't seen him for a while, so he must have been in Guinea. And heck he's not feeling well, so he certainly has Ebola!"
    It's not clear what happens to a Guinean who crosses the border illegally...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed
    Governments don't have or own souls.

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X