Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

Ebola is a lot easier to catch than health officials have admitted ? and can be contracted by contact with a doorknob contaminated by a sneeze from an infected person an hour or more before, experts told The Post Tuesday.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Re: CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

Wow, finally!

Comment

To be fair, this is not a new admission - See Ian Mackay's blog from back in August;

Ebola virus may be spread by droplets, but not by an airborne route: what that means

and

Ebola, pigs, primates and people
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

does anyone know what factsheet the original post is referring to? I want to know if this is something new the CDC is saying, or if the people in the article just missed this message and think it's something new.

Comment

I suspect it is this; http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/inf...r-droplets.pdf
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

They released this a few days ago. When I saw it, I thought of Sharon....

"Please stop saying ebola is "not airborne" in your messaging".

Someone was listening......this is what I would have expected to see from the CDC a long time ago.

That's why I think this site is so important.

We cannot under estimate the number of people that are/were in the place of making policy decisions that read/have read information and discussions here on this site. Then as a result had an effect on the formulation and necessary evolution of those policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan Kelly View Post
              To be fair, this is not a new admission - See Ian Mackay's blog from back in August;.....
              I would suspect that back in August people from developed countries weren't paying as much attention as they are now. It will now have more impact. Especially since Sharon has beat her drum loudly.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

As of late yesterday till at least 10/31/14 at 4:00am, the CDC has removed our beloved poster and simply left a message stating that the information on the page is being revised.

Here is a link to the Huffington Post. Please note that in the article they reference the poster is still available in Google Cache via the link they provide. That is no longer the case. The cache is scrubbed and the original poster is GONE, GONE, GONE.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6078072.html

I think I saved a copy of it locally. I will check to see if I still have it.

Comment

Here is the subject poster as it was a few days ago.

See the attached pdf.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The data still exists on those charts in research papers, e.g.,

Assessment of the Risk of Ebola Virus Transmission from Bodily Fluids and Fomites

I remember reading (but cannot find) another paper showing a chart of levels from several body fluids, with the testing threshold shown. It clearly shows which fluids had varoius amounts of virus.

Comment

From the UK's Daily Mail:
                      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-website.html

"New CDC confusion over Ebola as it deletes warning that virus can spread through coughs and sneezes from its website

- It has replaced the old language with new guidance that says there's 'no evidence' Ebola is spread through either
                      - The CDC also took down on Thursday a poster that said that Ebola can be transferred through 'droplets' on hard surfaces, like doorknobs
                      - It's unclear why the CDC abruptly changed it's Ebola advisories
                      - The quiet removal of information follows a public health campaign by Sen. Rand Paul to get the CDC to be 'forthright' about Ebola transfer

The original CDC poster that was recently removed is embedded on the Daily Mail article page.

Comment

Friday, October 31, 2014

The Return Of The CDC?s `How Ebola Spreads? Infographic

Read more: Avian Flu Diary
                        ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
                        Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Mike Adams and NY Post promote more hysteria over Ebola
                          Posted by Tara C. Smith on November 1, 2014

I’ve been asked several times about this NY Post article on the CDC’s “admission” that a sneeze could spread Ebola. The Post (which, I should note, is the least credible newspaper in New York City, for those not familiar with the paper) suggests that the CDC has changed their tune regarding the spread of Ebola.

Except, they haven’t, and this is a ridiculous, trumped-up non-story, passed along not only by the Post but by others of the typical suspects like conspiracy theorist extraordinaire Mike Adams, aka “The Health Ranger” of Natural News.
                          This is nothing new. There’s never been a conspiracy to suggest that droplet transmission can’t happen–but the CDC and others have tried to emphasize that droplet transmission is still direct contact. That’s what people like Adams don’t want to accept. They assume because those droplets travel via air, it’s “airborne,” taking a layman term instead of one accepted and used by the scientific community. Now, given, I understand this can be a source of confusion as scientific terms frequently are. Virologist Ian Mackay has even solicited ideas for other terms to describe such transmission, and make it more clear to the general public what the difference is. But either way, the usage has been clear from the beginning and I guarantee Adams understands the difference. He just doesn’t care.
                          I've been asked several times about this NY Post article on the CDC's "admission" that a sneeze could spread Ebola. The Post (which, I should note, is the least credible newspaper in New York City, for those not familiar with the paper) suggests that the CDC has changed their tune regarding the spread of Ebola.

Comment

The Daily Mail is the same here, hysterical always

Comment

Working...
                            X