Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bahamas: Farm animals starving due to loss of power to feed mill after hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas: Farm animals starving due to loss of power to feed mill after hurricane

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/new...hs-farmer-says
    SLOAN SMITH
    Guardian Staff Reporter
    sloan@nasguard.com

Published: Oct 25, 2016

Sean Bowe, owner of Simply Bahamian Products, a livestock farm on Gladstone Road, said yesterday he lost more than $30,000 with the deaths of 30 pigs, due to the lack of power supply at the government feed mill.
    ?The government feed mill that produces feed for roughly 99 percent of farmers - livestock farmers - has not had power since the hurricane,? Bowe said.
    ?My animals have been without the adequate feed supply for 18 to 20 days.?

Bowe said he understands that residents on the island needed to have power restored first, but after almost three weeks, the animals need to be taken care of.
    ?It?s getting down to the [point where] like it?s animal abuse,? Bowe said.
    ?I?m at the point where I just want to let my animals go, so they can rummage and go through the bushes and whatever happens, happens....

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X